ZBrushCentral

Skinning mannequins in ZbrushCore 2020

Hi guys! I am new to this, but I’ve searched around and can’t find an answer to my issue so I thought I’d post (with my sincere apologies if this has been answered before).

It seems to me that there is no option to ‘ReMesh’ in ZBCore in order to skin a mannequin. I double checked the comparison chart but didn’t feel like I found a clear answer on whether remeshing is a function in ZBC or just ZB; can anyone offer any advice or clarification? I’m worried I’m just looking in the wrong place for a remesh option (I’m looking under the ‘Subtool’ menu).

If remeshing is not an option, does anyone have any good tutorials/advice for skinning a mannequin in ZBC? I would love to be able to sculpt over a posed mannequin, but perhaps that’s not possible in ZBC?

Thank you in advance for any advice you have to offer! Again, I’m sorry for the novice question - I love sculpting as a hobby but am no expert with ZBC yet (and likely won’t be for a long time, if ever).

Thanks, guys!

You can create a skinned mesh from a mannequin easily in ZBrushCore -

1. Press Tool>Adaptive Skin>Preview. This shows you what the mesh will look like. You can adjust the Tool>Adaptive Skin>Dynamesh slider to get different mesh densities (you will need to toggle the Preview button off and on again to update the preview).
  2. When you are happy, press Tool>Adaptive Skin>Make Adaptive Skin. This creates a new tool in the Tool palette which will have a name starting “Skin_”. Select this new tool to continue sculpting.

HTH,
Marcus

You are AMAZING! Thank you so much, this is exactly the solution I was looking for!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! :smiley: