ZBrushCentral

Sketchbook Part 2

I guess personal stuff is going on hold haha:laughing:

Anywho I started the other rooster, rough night, needed something to unwind to, so I did this in about 2.5 hours. I cant get the face right, honestly spent an hour of that time just on the face, trying different things and such. oh well I’m tired my mind is failing me at 3:40 AM haha.

So here is the JUST STARTED and UNFINISHED COMPLETELY ROUGH, second rooster

Like I said its 3:40 AM and I don’t even know if these are worth posting but cheers. :o

Attachments

ZBrush-Document.jpg

cocky.jpg

Except from his upper arm I think it looks really good :+1:

Well I’m up now and definitely didn’t want to post those. Sheesh what was I thinking haha :lol:

Anywho I updated the characters, now in Technicolor!

[attach=241748]****y.jpg[/attach]

[attach=241749]ZBrush-Document.jpg[/attach]

[attach=241750]ZBrush-Document2.jpg[/attach]

I have two more characters to model: the love interest and the Eagle.

You see the original Asop fable has two fighting roosters attempting to lay claim to a farm. The bigger rooster beats the other to submission, and then jumps onto a fence and boastfully caws. An Eagle see this flying over head, swoops down and takes out the prideful rooster. The weaker rooster is now left to rule the farm he has won be default.

In my version however the Two roosters are going to be fighting over a woman in a bar. the bigger rooster is going to beat the other into submission, garnering a swift and physical exit, provided by me eagle which in this case is the bouncer. The woman leaves with the calmer smaller rooster. the end.

Also I’ll be in next months 3d Artist Magazine, so check it out when it comes out.

Thats all for now.

Attachments

cocky.jpg

ZBrush-Document.jpg

ZBrush-Document2.jpg

And yet another late night, sleep isn’t something I’m friendly with now adays. Unfortunately the reason of my late night isn’t my current project, but rather one of my Senior level courses, a bull**** class with a bull**** professor, taking up my time:(

Well I found an hour in the night, and here is the love interest…

I tweaked the others as well, but so far so good. a character a night aint bad.

cocky.jpg

oddly enough shes my first female model haha. gotta start somewhere.

good night zbrushers.

Attachments

Untitled-1.jpg

Wow,love the design and proportions of these characters! Keep up the good work.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

I finished the bouncer, last character done, now time for clothes:

Group Nakie photo
ZBrush-Document.jpg

Attachments

cocky.jpg

BPR_Render.jpg

Attachments

ZBrush-Document.jpg

gash.jpg

I like them a lot :):+1:
The only thing that bothers me is the high contrast in the polypainting.

The only thing that bothers me is the high contrast in the polypainting.

What do you mean?

Well, I simply mean the contrasting in the colors.
They are very distinct with hard transitions. I know you are going for a cartoon look and that that kind of texturing fits well for it.
But maybe some more nuances in the skin tone, and especially a more gradient transition.
Like on the blond guys nose, which is the most obvious example. It becomes a distracting focal point imo.

Oh I gotcha, yeah you do lose the form a bit, I’ll play with it.

Family Photo

BPR_Render.jpg

Attachments

BPR_Render.jpg

nice work man
skin color to low not attractive, give little bit brighter, nice sculpting and anatomy man keep up:D

nice work man skin color to low not attractive, give little bit brighter, nice sculpting and anatomy man keep up

Skin a bit brighter? as in the hue? Idk, I like the tones where they are, remember these are don in anticipation of the SSS shader which will warm up the tones. But if you want to suggest a tone, I’d be happy to try it out on the characters :smiley:

Anywho I apparently don’t know how to sleep… 3:00 AM woo. So I hoped on the computer and churned out this thing. Idk what it is, nor if its post worthy. but at 3:00AM I figure what the hell :laughing:

cocky.jpg

If you guys want to see my next idea I could post what I drew.

Im going to be retopoing this week :-1: :-1: :-1: :-1: :-1: :-1: :-1: :-1: :-1: :-1:

and then rigging :-1: :-1: :-1:

and then animating :-1: :+1: :-1: :+1:

then rendering :sunglasses: :laughing:

Oy. I wish I could figure out a way to post the story board for you guys to see what I’m doing.

Oh and I’m liking this new style I’m progressing on. very reminiscent of my animal sculpts from the beginning of this thread.

Gosh I ramble when I cant sleep hahaha.

Also If you guys want to watch me sculpt, I’m thinking of doing like a live stream. If you’re interested and have an hour to spare maybe we could set something up. could be fun.

Actually will have something related to the orc piece up soon, finishing up the child when I can to put in the scene with the orc, long story should be fun.

Okay tata for now.

Attachments

Just an FYI, I will be doing a live stream of some work next week. I would really like it if some people submitted concept work, so that it could become a communal thing. And then afterward I could put them up here and on my website.

Also changed the format of my site, www.matthewkean.com

Also maybe we could even share streams and watch two artists watch each other sculpt, could be really fun. Idk, what do you guys think?

New work coming soon.

Havent been on here in a bit, senior thesis has been kinda taking over haha.

I did get a chance to do a quick little sculpt tonight, zspheres about 40 min:

ZBC1.jpg
[attach=246266]ZBrush-Document.jpg[/attach]

didn’t go too high on him, idk, just wanted to say I’m still here and still chugging away at my thesis.

Attachments

ZBrush-Document.jpg

just a simple test in maya.

Attachments

test.jpeg

No reference, just having some fun with the insomnia that I’m currently experiencing.

Creeper:

badguy-copy.jpg

trucking along on my final, topogun is a such a great thing. I should have character tests done for the final 4 of my short.

Attachments

BPR_Mask.jpg

BPR_AO.jpg

BPR_Mask.jpg
Update while I work lab:

Attachments

BPR_Mask.jpg

BPR_Mask.jpg