ZBrushCentral

Sketchbook Part 2

just a small update: updated the shader a bit and did a test with the armor. don’t mind the shoes, they’re standing in until I figure out what I want them to look like.

skin.jpeg

I also am going to be doing a skin test shortly on the devil character, might be fun :slight_smile:

just a blinn on my african woman, I was making sure the textures ported over right was actually quite please with how a non SSS render was looking, so I figured Id share it with you.

I’m NOT DONE haha, this was just a fluke of the render.

Attachments

skin2.jpeg

and here it is with some tweaking on the fast skin shader
just one texture

africa.jpeg

Attachments

africa.jpeg

Hi Framedworld :slight_smile:

Just stopping by to say…WOW…I really like the way that woman that your working on is turning out…Great job so far…:+1:
The brighter orange colors in her shirt really go well with the colors in her skin, and the dark background also really makes the whole image pop in a great way…Beautiful…:slight_smile:

Why thank you, I added a subtle rim just to catch the line of her shoulder, and I’m working on that cloth shader, thats actually the fast skin shader with no subdermal layer and spec

I posed the orc
close_up.jpg

Idk definitely will change

Attachments

close_up2.jpg

Nice work. I love the super deformed animals and the orc the most.

No love for my. African woman eh? Haha just Kidding thank you for kind words

I really love your African woman. excellent work.

Ha ha ha! It’s not like that at all. I think she looks great. Though she feels a bit waxy and the Kente cloth feels a bit like an after thought. It’s still quite impressive.

a bit of an update:
skin.jpeg

@poda: I agree on each point, Im redoing the cloth.

@EZRA52: Thanks I appreciate it

should have a sketch of my final orc idea up soon.

Attachments

skin.jpeg

Alien monk chanting, quick sketch from a zsphere
will continue this

great work, i like the woman, you can try to make her eyes living (u know these
white highlights and i bet it will improve the feel of character a lot :slight_smile:

Hi Santis :slight_smile:

On your woman,…I much preferred the cloth with the brighter orange colors in it…made a nice contrast and complement to her skin colors…just my personal thought and opinion though.:slight_smile:
I agree about the eyes…A little more work on them will go a long ways in projecting an emotion…windows to the soul kind of thing.:slight_smile:

stanley82 & SpiritDreamer: No no you misunderstand the reason for posting the african woman, she is no where near finished. She has no eye shader or cloth shader or texturing of jewelry, not to mention no scenery. These are simply skin tests using two textures and a normal map. I was just testing myself:) the finished product should look bangin…or so I hope :stuck_out_tongue:

Just decided to have another go at that sketch, taking a break from my orc and woman. Sometimes it helps to step away and find interest again in a project.

caller:
close_up.jpg

from zspheres

Attachments

close_up.jpg

semester has begun again ugh, so I haven’t been able to update anything. I took a break from homework and updated the model:

close_up.jpg

Attachments

Man_WIP_1_web.jpg

Good stuff here.

:+1:

Thanks man

Orc update soon

Wow I’ve been busy, sheesh.
I have a new short in the works. I’ll be using zbrush extensively of course;)

I think I have the pose I want for my orc thing. The human child will tug on his finger edging him along the road of innocence. a sword is held in his other hand.

His face is feeling choice.

EDIT: I adjusted the pose
Base.jpg

Attachments

Base.jpg

very nice