ZBrushCentral

Skeches and Things of that Nature

This is a new head study I have been working on the past two nights. I wanted to do a likeness study WITHOUT using symmetry. Whew buddy how I missed that feature when I can’t use it.

[amanda_gray.jpg[/ATT]%3C/font%3E"]amanda_gray.jpg
](http://%3Cfont%20color=%22#9a9a9a%22%3E[ATT=268350)

really great job. I like her features very innocent. Thumbs up :smiley:

Eiad: Thanks man! Your work is pretty awesome so that means alot.

Here is another head I was working on last night. A friend that was so kind to let me shoot a couple reference pics of him. Again with no symmetry.

mike_gray02_small.jpg

Glasses. How could I forget he wears glasses?!

mike_gray03_small.jpg

Here is something I am working on currently. I still have lots to do but I think its in a place where I can show it.
Based off this concept: http://cghub.com/images/view/154570/

Looking for some feedback while I still in a stage to do something about it!

In regards to that last female future-soldier model, I think a few modifications would help the overall form

• Study the length of her legs.
  • Her lower stomach is in the wrong shape. It needs to be more curved to the likes of an athletic female. Do some anatomy study on this.
  • Take a good look at her thighs, they look very chunky and fat. They are too thick, if you look at the concept they are much more athletic.
  • The knees are too chunky (this goes along with the thighs)
  • Her biceps are too small.
  • Her breasts need more upper smoothing. In the concept they are smooth and sleek, they dont directly come out like a sphere. I think they are slightly bigger than the concept.
  • Her shoulders aren’t as wide as the concept (Even though the concept is anatomically incorrect)

I think you need to pay more attention to the overall form of the character. The basic standing pose of the concept is very much like the pose of the following character by Hoshi:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=263829

Other than that I think you have full sculpting capability to make this thing look awesome, just needs some form tweaking before you continue onto the detail.

Thanks for your detailed comments. You bring up some good points.

I am going to look into them! :slight_smile:

I did some work on the bags and straps. These took be forever cause I find them pretty boring.

19.jpg

nice hard surface stuff. her arms are kinda stubby looking.

Good catch. I think i fixed that when I bent her arms slightly. I feel like I am done sculpting and ready to Polypaint unless someone spots something!

looks way better. Well done.
Are you planning to retopologize this to put in a game or anything like that?

Yeap! That is the plan. Hopefully it will go quickly cause I am getting a little burnt out on this chick. I usually use 3d Coat but I think I am going to try some of 3dsmax’s new(ish) retopo features.

Here is some work on the Polypaint. I am going to finalize it in Photoshop after rendering out the other maps. What do you guys think of these colors? I am trying to follow the concept but I am not 100% sure about the green bewbs. I sorta like the pale fleshy armor tho.

I think you should try make the breasts the same color as the arm, or some other shade of grey.
I also think you need to add more color to the boots.
Other than that, well done. Looks great.
Also, are you going to use XNormal for the Normal and Polypaint-Diffuse projection? If not you should really look into it.
It saves having to merge all your subtools and project to your low poly mesh.

good job!
i like your model very much, but you have to improve textures to make it more real.

One thing I noticed, From the front her face looks fine, but her side profile is not very pretty.
I think this may help
http://artrush73.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-Draw-Female-Face---side-view

Looks awesome! Great job!:+1:

Whew. Making the game mesh for this chick took me forever! So many little parts. Here is the low poly with some texture work. I am still fiddling with the textures so any comments would be helpful! I need to make a spec map next as well as finish her guns.

27.jpg

Fantastic work on the suit made and on the character!:):+1:
The textures of the lowpoly model look awesome really nice work!
Did you retopo her in 3ds max? the new tools are great too, but 3dcoat still has the head ahead^^
Looking forward seeing more from you mate.
Cheers and happy sculpting,

• Kenny :slight_smile:

I cant really give any tips because I cant see the topology. The texturing looks fine. Could you give us a wireframe shot? Heres a quick tutorial if you dont know how.
http://www.pixologic.com/interview/artist-in-action/demo-reel-with-zbrush/1/

KC-Production: Thanks man! I did infact use 3dmax to retopo. I usually use 3Dcoat but decided for the first time to use Max. It was… interesting. I liked having all my modeling tools but it’s still a little buggy. I broke down and bought the “Wrapit” plugin too which helps with some of the native issues (as well as introduces some of its own :P).

u3190: Here are the wires. Thanks for the link and coming back to check my stuff out.