ZBrushCentral

SINESTRO - Yellow Lantern

Here’s some fan art I did of Yellow Lantern Sinestro from DC Comics. I’ve been working on this in my spare time for quite a bit now, so it’s gone through some changes. It was a great exercise in learning and used some of the principles and techniques I learned in Kris Costa’s online class. This is my final result, and while there are definitely things that could be improved, going to call it done. Otherwise, I’ll never move on to the next project. The model was sculpted in ZBrush, textured in Mari, rendered in Maya with Arnold, XGen for the hair, composited in Nuke, and some post-processing in Adobe Lightroom.

!
final_sinestro_001|1200x1638

6 Likes

Welcome back. Awesome image, thank you for sharing so many images.

1 Like

Thanks Paul! Glad to be back, and always happy to post when I can.

Looks great Fausto :+1: Can you share a few tips from Kris’s class? Welcome back to the community :wink:
Jaime

1 Like

Hey Jaime, thank you! The main thing I learned from the class was to have patience and attention to detail when looking at real-life reference. There’s so many nuances to keep track of when approaching a model, that even the littlest of thing will throw you off without even knowing exactly what. Aside from that, the technical aspect of things were great, it was my first time really using xgen, so that was very helpful. He did an excellent job walking everyone through it. Overall, highly recommend the classes to everyone!

Thanks Fausto! :wink:
Jaime

1 Like

Impressive work @faustovfx! :clap:

1 Like

great work:ok_hand::ok_hand:

1 Like