ZBrushCentral

Silvaticus` sculpts thread

Absolutely love your dragon. Beautifully designed.

My only suggestions (possibly already mentioned as I haven’t read the entire thread) would be to add a little more life to the limbs… right now they appear locked in a straight position… maybe a little bit of a bend in the elbows and fingers and feet and toes?

And a slight sideways bend to the tail (maybe towards the tip) would also make it a bit more dynamic looking so it doesn’t just curve upwards.

The log might also benefit from a little more color variation between the different parts (ie. side bark, top, interior), but it definitely has a molded-in-solod-colored-plastic feel, if that’s what you’re going for.

Like I said, though… love it and find it very inspiring as is!

Great job. I look forward see how it develops!

Thanks, zerodean, some of the things were already mentioned, indeed and I was working on them. As I said, I want it to look a little bit like a toy, so rigid and also plastic. I hope its better now, its pretty much the final image for that challenge.
crazydragon7final.jpg

really great image. if i may make one suggestion - perhaps rotate the mushrooms a bit so the viewer could see the stem of the shrooms. right now in the last image it looks almost as if they are red balls with white spots on them.

Damn so cute!!!:+1: :+1: :+1:

OrgoneGhost, you are absolutely right. I modeled and painted the inner part of the mushroom too and I was satisfied with it but I was in a great hurry last night with the final render. Not because of the deadline but of some personal problems. So the scene isnt arranged too well plus I f****d up the text part and so on. Thats it, this is the submission for the challenge but I plan to work on this little guy more, maybe create poses and compose a little “story”.

Sebcesoir, damn thanks! :slight_smile:

I really like the top two. However I LOVE your face on your squid dude. LOVE IT!!! wahahahahaha…

Thanks Topher.
Im back posting something after a long time. The little dragon won the first place in Januarys Stylized Animal challenge at 3Dtotal and after that I worked for another challenge, “Ancient Times” at CGArena. This was my submission: AncientTimes ofWarSmall.jpg
Modeled and textured in ZBrush, I`ll post some shots soon.

With all the enthusiastic replies (zero, except some stars given by a secret admirer) :slight_smile: I had to post more.
AncientTimes ofWarAssyr.jpg

Attachments

AncientTimes ofWarAztec.jpg

AncientTimes ofWarMongol.jpg

Very nice creations silvaticus.

Have you heard of or played the game Age of Conan?

These kind of remind me of the characters in the game.

I dig how you’ve outfitted each of them. I especially like the tribal looking guy. Lots of attention to detail :slight_smile:

Thanks Rodin, it was a surprise for me to see a reply in this thread after a long time. I found the new reply by accident while I was searching for an explanation on render passes. By the way, if someone could show me a tutorial about how to combine ZBrush renders in Photoshop, it would be great. I need a very basic one since I don`t know much about Photoshop, maybe there is one somewhere.

I never played Age of Conan but I think I saw some graphics related to it, concept art or something.

I thought I should post some of my works made during the past year, to get rid of them and start a happy new year :slight_smile:
The first two are made for the sculpting challenge on 3Dtotal, the ugly guy with a ball with spikes for another challenge, on CGArena.
PumpkinChallenge.jpg

Attachments

threedypleasureandpain.jpg

wackoooII.jpg

wakk.jpg

The following are doodles, for practice.
Dude3.jpg

Any comments would be appreciated.

Attachments

Dude5.jpg

orculphotoshopat2.jpg

kubos1.jpg

thor22.jpg

ThorFinal.jpg

Hey! Really great work! Beautiful models… Keep on rocking!
Best regards, Selwy

Selwy, thanks, it`s a really great compliment coming from you. Why? Because the models from your reel were my inspiration for the dude with a straw in his mouth (colored eyes/ “clay” model, sounds familiar?) and I use “Arthur” a lot for reference. Combined with other refs but I always have a layer with Arthur in different positions for inspiration when I start sculpting human figures. Thanks again for the free mesh, I learned a lot from looking at it.

This is a little guy Im working on. I made some tests of materials and a bit of polypainting on some parts. The parts (shoes, pants, body, head) are all started from a cube and built up with inflat/edge loop. Probably Ill have to retopo some parts but that will wait for a while (too boring for me).

Applethief1.jpg

Attachments

Applethief2.jpg

Applethiefshoes.jpg

Applethiefhead2.jpg

I played a bit with the poor little guy`s head:
sandor2.jpg

Attachments

sandor222.jpg

love this head sculpt and all your stuff, keep posting,
what’s the red shader ?

…of personages! :+1:

Someone seems recognize my avatar in one of your :laughing: (#35 above)
Maybe hair:D
Have fun modeling! :sunglasses:

PS For revenge against this someone I have make a speedy little montage(scroll down) with one of your image (Thor) :wink:
If you are not agree I erase it without problem! :slight_smile:

Jocz, thanks. The material is Stumpfs red chavant, I think. I have a whole bunch of them modified in many ways but it was started from that one for sure. Ill check when I`ll get home.

Frenchy, no problem, looks like you are having fun on that forum. It was a surprise to see my creatures wandering around in french forums.

Excellent Work ! ,great sculpt, i love the dragon :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: