ZBrushCentral

Shaman Troll WIP steps

I still have some props to do (pouches, collar…) but the more important one are in thescene now.

![troll_04.jpg|570x650](upload://fQDXPHPZdkdMIy4t6CoTxX0eEQx.jpeg)![troll_04_1.jpg|790x900](upload://xj4nuYNt21zUCyWXdbvO6tiRtyP.jpeg)![icon1.jpg|100x76](upload://1ZSa4i0xos3t2Q9s4cUYFDmuCWV.jpeg)

Goodness … what amazing detailing! Love all of it, but those subtle little feathers are truly astonishing. Everything looks so … right. Top Row candidate if I ever saw one. :+1:

Top row stuff!!!
Needless to say i gave you 5 stars!
I love the detail - it is so amazing! Everything is so well placed and every little prop looks like it belongs!
Cant wait to see it textured and posed!
Keep it up

Yep - those feathers look great, bad_koala; really belong to the overall design and feel of this guy; top stuff :+1:

great stuff

Powerful !

I needed to see this. Sometimes we look at sooo many images, that it get one numb. But!,… FINALLY This piece has sparked me up again to be excited.

Thank you for sharing your art with the world.

CAS NYC

wow amazing… how the heck do you model feathers :smiley:

thanks all for your comments, it’s motivating!!

For the feathers I used an alpha on a plane with a small bump for the middle of the feather. For now it’s the same model everywhere.

I have other models to do like skulls, pouches and few small stuff but I think I will start to texture the same first.

I don’t know if I will have time to skin it but I will try.

I bloomin love it!!Awesome work man,cal

amazing work brother,

one question …

Did you put his gear on ZB? after you have exported him to your rendering software?

Thanks for the answer & good work :wink:

Top row already! Great work, and deservedly so :wink:

Makes me wonder how top row status is defined, as this has had no ratings yet, even though it’s obviously 5 star standard, and 2,500 views?

Anyone know how it’s worked out? I noticed Monstermaker’s (Rick Baker) superb ‘John The Baptist’ was in the top row literally within minutes! It did deserve to be there, but was obviously bumped up the by mod’s. I’d prefer to see work end up at the top through ratings and viewings ‘as well as’ artistic merit.

I say this because a lot of great work never makes it to the top row, which is really sad and unfortunate :cry: I assumed that top row status was dependent on ratings and view numbers for the post. I think I got it wrong.

Not trying to take away the glory of your top row work, bad_koala :wink: Just voicing my observations.

Anyone else notice this?

EDIT: 5 stars from me, bad_koala :smiley:

GReat models man, really like it :slight_smile:

Angelstein:small_orange_diamond: i think it’s up to the moderator to decide which work should be Top Row.

Looking great! Love the troll.

Questions! Is this a Z Brush render or rendered some other way?

16 or 32bit displacement?

Are you using displacement on everything?

How many iterations are you working with?

Thanks…keep up the great work. :wink:

This is really great modeling! The anatomy needs a bit of work, but the details are incredible.

It’s seems like there is some intelligence behind the top row pickings and not determined by # of stars and views. I think that’s fine. If it were, then I fear it would become more like GFXartist.com where it turns into more of a popularity contest and certain types of work are more likely to get in than others. If there is a moderator or “jury” behind the scenes determining the top row and keeping diversity, then I think it serves to better the selection.

Cool work :sunglasses:

Yes, that makes sense, KrakenCMT :wink: I’ve never been a member of any art postings sites, so I just wondered is all.

I’ve never seen anything that didn’t deserve to be in the top row, so at least that’s something. I still think some great works do get left by the wayside though.

thx for the good comments guys

Khalid72 :
I work every parts separatly in zbrush. First I created the low-res objetcs, placed them in the scene then detailed them in zbrush

Angelstein :
The most important thing is to know if people like my work or no and to have comments and suggestions. For me it’s already cool to see that some people like my stuff.
thanks for the stars man.

Dan-Burke : I did the render in 3dsmax, the scene is around 500 000 poly. I use normal map and I use the displacement map as a bump map. I never checked if it’s possible to have normal map on a skin shader…perhaps I will have to change that and use displace for the body/head.

just a small update.
I added few elements and started to work on the diffuse.

![head_texture_wip_01.jpg|635x531](upload://232C6aZlMky5GnytVDmkjVZcsgX.jpeg)![troll_04_1.jpg|659x750](upload://ltQODgLc2fRXH6bGu2NrX9ezP8S.jpeg)

Dan-Burke : I did the render in 3dsmax, the scene is around 500 000 poly. I use normal map and I use the displacement map as a bump map. I never checked if it’s possible to have normal map on a skin shader…perhaps I will have to change that and use displace for the body/head.
Ah…interesting technique you’re using…so is this a Sub-D model then with normal map and displacement used as bump? Whatever you’re doing it’s looking great…and certainly fine for a still image. How did you get to 500,000 polys?

Anyhoo…looking cool. Are you painting the diffuse in Z? I’ve been using Deep Paint…I love how you can paint Bump/Color/Shine, etc. all in one pass. :wink:

I played a ton of WoW so I appreciate the trolls, Orcs, etc,. :slight_smile:

Woow a lot of work incoming, but already top row :wink:

Congratulation man!

thanks Dan-Burke, you made me realize that I forgot to remove the 26 sides on every rendered spline I use
Now the scene is 347 000 poly. I plan to optimized it depending of my camara when I will have the character posed.

Sebcesoir : I’m happy you like it.
It’s really hard to work at home after a full work day but I will try to finish it…don’t know when I just wanted to check the diffuse in Max ( basic shader, no spec map)

![troll_04_2.jpg|573x690](upload://7jIBacj4RdSGbHDtbDRefV3v1NM.jpeg)