The sushi chef turned cyborg samurai…

Full project here: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/w8DE2g

27 Likes

This is a really well done model, and a great render, nice work! :+1:

2 Likes

@Prabhat_Majumdar Thanks man! Appreciate it :slight_smile:

:metal: gr8t job mate,like always :metal:

1 Like

@kiarash.tamizkar thanks for the support buddy!

1 Like

Juts plain awesome Nelson, can’t wait for your ZBrushMaster stream :wink:
Jaime

1 Like

Thanks for always being so supportive @Jaime! Means a lot :slight_smile:

Perfection.

1 Like

@artofntai Hey man, I know I’ve already told you, but I freaking love this design and renders, excellent excellent work! :robot:

1 Like

@artofntai Very nice design and details!   :+1:

1 Like

@PedroCorreia Thanks man! Too kind :slight_smile:
@KyleJ39 Thanks Kyle! Really glad you like it! Appreciate the kind words!!
@zber2 Thanks man! Appreciate it!

Here’s something done for fun :slight_smile:
SEB… the sushi chef turned cyborg samurai turned toy figurine… haha

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/w8DE2g

How long does it take you from concept to final shots on something like this?
I always like to know how long pros take xD

and for a second there I really thought you had made the best print ever xD

1 Like

hmm this one is hard to judge cuz I’ve had this started since last year and just work on it whenever on and off. I think I started on it last Oct… then stopped on it for months till coming back to it last month haha. Happens often with personal work :slight_smile:
I would say something like this takes around 8-10 days to do the concept sculpt (kinda went too much on some parts / details / spend too much time adding ideas). Then a day or 2 on the colors, decals, and materials design. Then an hour to few for each concept art image, depending on what I’m going for. The simple ones with no background then it just takes an hour or so. The ones with heavy cyberpunk vibes, that’ll take half - a day.
Hope this helps!

• I hope to print it some day for real… haha

I see, I always worry on not spending too much time on any given stage of a project… I don’t want to be telling people I’m still learning for ever and so I want to keep up the pace on everything.

I have a 3D printer but I don’t usually print much, if you ever ask anyone to print that piece, ask if they can print in resin, it’ll give you the best/smoother results.

it’s always easy to spend too much time on personal projects. I would just say do whatever you like. Never too little time or too much time. I would suggest to have various pieces of work in your portfolio that reflect the sort of work you can accomplish in maybe 3-4 days vs 8-10 days.
Do hope to look into 3D printing in the future! I’ve looked at shapeways but kinda kinda expensive if i’m just printing fo fun haha

Super cool ! What kind of project is Zero Strike ?