ZBrushCentral

Sculpting Etcher Sculpting Etcher

Great execution and I love the idea as well!

1 Like

Thanks so much Brad - getting my concept into the 3D realm was a learning exercise - I’m really glad you think it turned out ok!! :sunglasses: :+1: :star2:!!!

1 Like

Awesome idea, great sculpting. Thanks for the excellent and beautifully presented making-of and tutorials !

1 Like

@zzeebee : thanks for your great comment - I’m really glad you like both the work and it’s presentation :sunglasses: :+1: :star2: :pray:!! The note pages are not really that in depth but I hope they can be of some use to you!

I love the blending of the boundaries between real world and the 3D or virtual reality. To go completely bunkers you could add an endless mirroring of the scene in the background. Reminds a little at the Matrix movies or M.C. Escher drawings. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for your additional comment and the suggestions :+1:!! The blending of the boundairies between real (physical and/or scientifically proven) and 3D (virtual/imaginary) is exactly what sparks my imagination. All my dabblings are made under the title “The Thin Veil of Reality” for that exact reason. My upcoming ZBC post next week will explore that blending (or fading?) in even different ways - I look forward to hearing your thoughts about that one :sunglasses: :+1:

ps: Matrix universe and Escher universe are two big inspirations to me.

Hi Geert,

I am certainly looking forward to your next post ! :grinning:

1 Like

Sculpting perfection, perfectly presented.

1 Like

@zzeebee thanks! you can check it out here - look forward to hearing your thoughts!

@Affable_Ed thanks so much for your nice comment!! :sunglasses: :+1: :star2:!

1 Like

Geert you are a special artist that shares your expertise with us all to which we all are most grateful. Amazing work and the idea-so its like a 2nd person 43rd person mind blow lol. Maybe you could be glancing in a window and seeing this scene with another you which is being watched by another and another… The mind bends… :+1: :grinning: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Back to admire again.

2 Likes

@calum5ZB Cal, thank you so much for your kind words - much appreciated :sunglasses: :+1: :star2:!! thanks also for the nice comment on my work, I was after the mind-bending possibilities of this work (That’s why the encompassing title of my worx is “The Thin Veil of Reality”. So, following your lead, it could have been “Etcher observing Etcher sculpting Etcher” … :scream: :scream: :grinning: :sunglasses: :+1:!!
Slightly less mind - bending, but still interesting have been some attempts to bring the digital sculpts into the physical world - since it’s a venue that you have been exploring recently too, this post might interest you - would love to hear your thoughts!

1 Like

@boozy_floozie always a welcome guest to my world my friend :pray: :sunglasses: I am working on new things but unfortunately lab time is such a scarce commodity for me!

1 Like

Thank you - great resource !

1 Like

Many thanks Daniel!! :sunglasses: :+1: :star:!!

Fantastic post and great result

1 Like

Awesome information.
This is pure gold. Thank you.

Thanks for the compliments and for dropping me a line Paul :sunglasses: :+1: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:!! I should post more work but also need more free time :scream: :scream:

Thanks a bunch Charles and you’re welcome :+1: :sunglasses: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:!!