ZBrushCentral

Scott Robinson - Sketchbook 2

Webhead, are you American by any chance?

i believe if his mouth was closed would give a more realistic feel

I am an American citizen. Why do you ask?

LOL, never mind. Who will you vote for? I am going to guess Romney :smiley:

Oh? What about me says Romney?

All Webheads points are true, the message is kind of unclear and the composition lacks focus. If you can’t take some constructive criticism you shouldn’t post your work, or write that you only want praise :slight_smile:

“Not many responses to the last thing I posted. Can anyone suggest where I went wrong? Thanks in advance”

I’m glad I didn’t write anything…

OK I wont post on ZBC again. Simple.

The community used to actually really friendly on this forum.

Taking time trying to help someone is being friendly in my book.

only if the comments are constructive

My girlfriends mother saw this image and totally got it and she doesn’t even speak English. I assumed therefore that what was being said on here was just ‘trolling’.

Despite what you think of my work I have put hours weeks and months into this stuff so yeah of course it sucks when people appear to troll.

Santis - you didn’t offer any constructive help you just said ’ I agree…’

Anyway whatever I am done with this. I will try and find a way to delete this thread.

That’s a shame, always thought your stuff was great :confused:

<form class=“block vbform” action=“http://www.zbrushcentral.com/newreply.php?do=postreply&t=166576” method=“post” name=“vbform” style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: auto; margin-bottom: 2em; margin-left: auto; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; clear: both; width: auto; max-width: 100%; ">

• Scottleroc, I am very sorry if you thought my comments/questions were meant as some kind of affront, or that I was trolling. They were not meant that way at all. They were legitimate questions that came to my mind when I saw your image. If you look at other comments I’ve made in these forums, you would see, that I am always quick to welcome new people to ZBC, that I often compliment people’s work, and that I try to offer constructive criticism where I personally feel it’s needed. In fact, the main reason I even said anything was because it appeared to me that you had asked for advice, and it was slow in coming. I felt bad that you seemed to be dangling in the wind. I honestly thought I was being helpful. Getting constructive criticism in these forums is not only useful, but it’s also expected.
  • When I was in art school, one of my teachers would ask me pointed questions about my work all the time. He would be also be extremely blunt when making comments. Rather than taking it personally, I looked closer at my work, and I made improvements. I also appreciated that he did not mean it personally, and that he was sincerely trying to help me to become a better artist. I improved as an artist because of that teacher, more than any other teacher I had, and I have kept in touch with him, seeking his advise on my work years after leaving school. Don’t leave ZBC on my account. I will try not to comment on your work ever again if it bothers you that much, okay?

</form>

Cool character in post #19. :+1: Too bad if you leave, I know the feeling when you notice that lots of people have looked but not commented.
It was not the teacher that did the work. It was you, by wanting to do it. To keep at it because it’s a driving force. Carry on.

I think my next piece will be maybe wolverine in heavy armour saving a kid from evil half naked zombie women with big tits and robot monkeys - would be more the kind of thing that would get you noticed on cg forums these days.

I’m sorry, but It’s very obvious from your last comment that you are not yet mature enough to handle criticism. The critique that bothered you so much was not about the subject matter at all. Neither was it about your skill as a modeler. It was just about the design elements, and the composition. Also, an apology was made by the person who offended you. Instead of graciously accepting that apology, and moving forward, you decide instead to insult the sophistication of everyone else on ZBrush Central. Now who’s being hurtful?
There are plenty of works on here besides big-breasted woman, or superheroes that get plenty of attention. There are tons of monsters on here that are also popular as well.
We all appreciate how much time and effort you put into your work. Great effort doesn’t guarantee success, or perfection. Look at Romney, who you mentioned earlier. isn’t it possible that you still have room for improvement? Doesn’t just about everybody? As was mentioned, if you don’t want to know the answers, then don’t ask the questions. If you only want praise, and can’t handle any criticism at all, then, maybe you are right, you shouldn’t post your work here anymore. Your loss.

and another troll joins in how predictable

Oh you are right about the monsters damn should have included them

wolverine in heavy armour saving a kid from evil half naked zombie women with big tits and robot monkeys… wait for it… whilst the hulk fights of a Vampire Shark …WIN!!! :smiley:

As for the old ‘you’re not mature enough to take criticism…’ I haven’t actually seen any valuable criticism yet just meaningless typical forum trolling.

Anyway hopefully admin will delete this thread soon and then I am done here. 5 or 6 years ago people were friendly and helpful on here but that has long since changed. I thought I would give it another go but the only time anyone speaks to you is to give you a good trolling. No wonder Social sites are killing forums these days.

Remember when you posted “Gum Disease”?
You got 9 encouraging comments ( I was the first), and also the zbrush legend mutte gave you compliments. I mean, that’s more than I ever got for anything:+1:
That’s something you should remember when you are feeling down about this community and not getting the response you hope for. I mean sure it was about 3 years ago, but still… nothing has changed since, sometimes you get lost in the constant flow of art in here. You just gotta keep posting and you will get your feedback :slight_smile:

And believe me, selling your artistic integrity to get more attention isn’t helping anyone.

Please, keep posting, keep developing! :slight_smile:

Santis

your words are kind but you are just helping to illustrate my point. 3 years ago the board was a far friendlier place, imho.

I do appreciate your change in approach to this conversation, however. You can certainly tell you are one of the nicer ones from the old days of this board.

I have 14,000+ views and a grand total of 22 comments, that hasnt and wont stop me from posting images to my sketchbook. I make art because i love it, not for approval, dont get me wrong its awesome to get feedback and to hear that other people like your work. You have to give love to recieve love as well, just posting on your sketchbook wont get more people to perhaps click on your name and look at what you have uploaded. Dont give up just because its slow, there is a lot going on here.

Is this all because of my one comment? Even after my apology and explanation that I meant you no insult, but was simply asking questions as to what the meaning was behind certain design choices in your entry? Didn’t you ask for some feedback? Didn’t you ask for suggestions as to where you might have “went wrong?” I thought I was giving you what you asked for. If some praise were all you were looking for, you should have just said so.
You’ve been a professional artist for over 10 years, correct? Have you never had any other person question some aspect of your work at all, or make suggestions of any kind in all that time, or at any other time in your entire life?
Once, I pointed out a rare mistake in a sculpt by arguably one of the best ZBrush artists to ever post work in these forums. He’s a phenomenal artist, and he teaches his sculpting techniques to other artists only too eager to learn from him. The guy can sculpt circles around me and a whole lot of other people. Did he get upset at my critique? Did he say, “Who’s this guy to question my work?” No, he graciously thanked me for noticing the mistake. I just don’t understand why you are taking this so hard. What was it that I said that you just can’t get over?