ZBrushCentral

Scared Silly Entry by John Saleem

Very Cool Stuff here! I missed it… Bravo! :wink: :+1:

I’m happy to see these recent wip images, very lovely texturing. I’m loveing ur character much more than before. Great job, nightwoodwolf vbmenu_register(“postmenu_402615”, true); .
BTW, how did u created the tex for the character? I’ll be glad if u share ur workflow with us, thx.

Looking great and the idea is good too.

piz : thank you.

snowkaren : I will show more of texturing workflow with images soon, quick and short, I start with dark color on the model and of course that dark color is close to the final texture overall color then I add more details to the skin with different alphas using spray stroke, DragRec and free hand stroke ( low rgb intensity ) those alphas may n may not contain different colors, and after I get the skin color variation close to what I want I mask the model using Mask by Alpha and add more details on some places.

KOSOVA :thank you.

Here are some images of the textured version of the box, c&c welcome, thanks.

12_clothBox_textured.jpg

Very nice texturing! Bravo nightwoodwolf! :smiley: :+1:

Looken really good nightwoodwolf! You are moving right along. I really like how you are doing the pumpkin guy coming out of the mirror. :+1:

I like the texturing and eveything for your chest. It kind of reminds me of the old looking chests that you can buy at Hobby Lobby.

piz : thank you.
Harmonic : thank you.
-WOODY- : yeah it is kindda that type, thanks.

its been crazy busy here on my end i couldnt find the time to work on this project the last couple of days, hopfully tomorrow i’ll continue working on it a lil bit, thanks everyone and good luck. :+1:

nightwoodwolf,

Amazing texture work and zmodeling. Some of the most amazing work in a competition full of amazing works. Tell everyone to leave you alone so you can finish. :smiley:

ravioli_rancher : thanks alot man your words are really encourging. :+1:

not a huge update, but i am glad i found the time to continue working today,i textured the mirror in zbrush, had to build a topology for it too,then exported the texture, unwrapped the model and did quick test render in Maya.

thanks everyone n’ good luck.

13_mirror_textured.jpg

Hey, sweet idea, this sounds like a pretty funny concept. Just an idea, could/could-not work, maybe too show that he will be trick or treating, have him in a 2 story or so house, and you can see kids out the window trick or treating down the street, and maybe place his lolli bucket next to him on the floor or something. just an idea :), look forward to the finished piece.

XSI Apprentice : thats funny :smiley: … specially the idea of adding lolli bucket next to him on the floor even the kids from the window … but thats seriously alot of work and with the days we have !! … hmmm too bad we cant do that cool idea tho :+1:

Hey nightwoodwolf, no probs, haha yeh true regarding the time left, glad you liked the ideas :D, good luck, your going pretty sweet so far :smiley:

XSI Apprentice : thanks you

thought of sharing my Jack’s body and head texturing WIP, still needs to add tree leaves on his body.

14_JTexturedWIP.jpg

Attachments

14_JbodyWIP.jpg

That is pretty cool looking! So, I am interested how you got the holes in the head. I can make a pumpkin, but getting a carved look is not going so well. Any hints how to achieve this is appreciated.

That pumpkin dude is looking really sweet :smiley:

This is amazing progress, I love the texture on all these models. Getting excited to see the finished image now! Well done! :D:+1:

I like him!

You could extract some of those tendrils from the mesh and make them stand out beyond the surface a bit.

Add to that, some corkscrewy tendrils here and there might be nice.

Cheers,

R

XSI Apprentice : thank you.

dustbin1_uk : thank you i hope i will finsh in time

Rory_L : thank you and thats not a bad idea. :+1:

DMerchen : there are couple of ways you can make the pumpkin with the face features,in the images below i included 2 ways … A and B … both starts with masking first, i added another image for detailing the pumpkin as well, hope this will help … good luck.

15_Mask_Extract.jpg

Attachments

16_detailing_pumpkin.jpg

Wow, awesome tute, i might use that for mine :D, Thanks nightwoodwolf