ZBrushCentral

Scared Silly Entry by John Saleem

Very nice, coming along fine. You sure have the 3.0 figured out. I’m still getting over the learning curve. Best of luck!

Wow, I like the skin detail. It seems to fit him perfectly. I also like the pose except I can’t help but feel like his head is a bit stiff.

Is there any way you could twist / tilt his head to match his movement?

I’m guessing you haven’t reached that part yet cause you haven’t finished detailing and texturing his head?

fabritz : thank you … we are all learning now matter how good we are.

-WOODY- : thanks and you are right i didnt touch the head, i was just seeing the body muscles and everything but the head, next i will work on the head and then start texturing him.

its gonna be my first time texturing in Zbrush for that i am excited, i am checking Scott Spencer poly painting video, great tutorial.

cheers

very fine detailed character.
Like his legs

Hey there!

Looking good! Love the pose!:+1:

P

Looks alot like the LOTR Troll… Is that intentional?

Snowkaren : thank you.

Crazy Horse : thank you.

Brutikong : nope not intentional, this guy has muscle body structure kindda emphasized and more close to human like in his nails with his toes and hands, LOTR troll has more accumulated fat and folded skin, different legs, and I believe even taller, the LOTR Troll is always gonna no.1 of course they are the masters and the inspiration

Thank you.

Your thread title violates the rules. I need your first name so that I can edit it.

Thanks.

ok I decided to take a lil break from our fat detailed troll and work on Jack, still work on progress on our beloved pumpkin head n’ i thought of keeping you posted.

07_0_1_JackoL.jpg

Attachments

07_0_2_MakingJackoL.jpg

yes I didn’t finsh Jack-O-L head yet but I am one of those who like to roughly sketch what I have in mind even in 3d and also not get bored with one model … so I decided to create the mirror without detailing it ( since Jack gonna be the reflection of the Troll in mirror remember !!? ) so I it would be nice to model the mirror and add it in the scene so the fast of imginging the idea and the pose would be easier and faster.

I created 2 alphas in Adobe Illustrator to use them in Zbrush … here comes the powerful flexibility of Zbrush allowing you to sculpt and model in so many different ways, down I included both Alpha A and alpha B.

07_1_1_Alphas.jpg

soon I am gonna create the mirror stands and detaling our yummy pumkin … ops I mean Jack and keep you posted i better go eat something now i am hungry :smiley: …… hope you find this helpful for you, C & C are always welcome, thanks

Attachments

07_1_2_AlphaA_Mirror.jpg

07_1_3_AlphaB_Mirror.jpg

Yeah! I did find this usefull! It gave me some ideas on how to make the toilet for my project. It’s my next job and I’ve fretting about how to even start.

Thank you! :+1: :smiley: :+1:

it’s coming along real good! Keep it up!

Great idea, keep it up:)

I like the way you did your pumpkin. I almost did mine that way, but I couldn’t make up my mind how I wanted to go about it. A stylised pumpkin with facial features or an actual carved look. Your way probably is much better because since I used mesh extraction, I’m stuck with a high resolution mesh.

Your mirror is cool too.

dustbin1_uk : glad you did find it useful … good luck.
Intervain : thank you.
soulreaver :thank you.
-WOODY- : I kindda struggled myself with facial expression, I sculpted about 4 or 5 n’ i wasn’t really satisfied with how the laughing face coming out, some of them was cool but didn’t maintain the scary look or in better words the EVIL look in the eyes while laughing, for now I am staying with this one till we see how it goes, good luck with your project. :+1:

I got am email asking me about the pumpkin material, I created both colored spheres in Maya, anyway, I am not sure how it works here but I noticed zipped files are acceptable to upload !!

nice work

Hey Ghiath ( or Ghaith ? ) nice nice work man, that troll reminds me of LOTR :smiley:

Cheers and good luck!

Disco Stu : thank you.
Jassar : thank you.

here is a gray-bluish everyday sculpting material, new updates on models coming soong, thanks.

grayMatt.jpg

ha ha … cave trolls are cool

Eddie Ellis : yes they are, thanks.

Ok here is how the mirror is coming up.

08_1_mirror_all.jpg

as usual C & C and suggestions are welcome, thanks n’ good luck :+1:

Attachments

08_2_stands.jpg

08_3_stands.jpg

08_4_stands.jpg