ZBrushCentral

Scared Silly Entry by Geoff Priest

I decided to shape the ribcage a bit more naturally.

The neck is based partly on horse anatomy but very stylized.

wip13.jpg

piz: Thank you!

smeagol: These are just ZBrush renders. I turn ‘Document>Range’ to ‘0’ which coincidentally turns the background the same color as the forum background. My renders are slightly darker because I ‘shadowbox’ them by turning up ‘Render>Preview Shadows>Backshadow’.

fishadder: Thank you!

reminator: Hehe, I do get carried away…

Go ahead Man! I’m following you with delight! :+1: :sunglasses:

looking great!

Pretty cool…really like what I am seeing.

Hey Geoff,

I got to say: I really love the horse/man skeleton :+1: Very cool and inteligent use of zspheres!
And the preview scene is as good as well :+1:

PS.
Again… horse/man skeleton… very very clean and good modeling :wink:

Got started on the Little Witch. (Gonna hold off on posing Horsey.)

I’m using Local Symmetry on the arms because they’ll eventually overlap but I need one out of the way while sculpting. That’s why her left arm is displaced.

wip14.jpg

piz: Thanks, piz!

LittleDedder: Thanks!

sirquadalot: Thank you!

elarcano: Thanks much!

She is really cute, Great facial expression! :+1: Can’t wait to see how this is going to come together!

Very, very good! I like so much how you organize your projects and tools! Bravo! :wink: :+1:

Nice… simply nothing else to say, just very nice work.
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

This is really coming along great! I think it would awesome to make the horseman have like rotting flesh. Can’t wait to see the shading and texturing on this one…

There is another entry in this contest… I forget which one… the artist has a pretty sweet bone material. If someone knows who it was or if you know you should ask him for the zmt file.

Jumped back to Horsey for a bit to do some detail/color testing. I’ll probably brighten his teeth later…

wip15.jpg

Harmonic: Thanks!

dustbin1_uk: Thanks!

migusan76: Thank you! I originally intended to but I might not have enough time…

Brutikong: Thanks! I enjoy making my own mats though.

Marsyas,

Love the concept, way your composing this one so far and how your working your zbrush images. Very sweet!! :+1: :+1: Keep up the great work!!

Good updates man!

Cool mat, looks very good for details :wink:

Keep them coming :+1:

PS.
Again… you gotta love Horsey:D

Again very well done Buddy! :smiley:

grtae and clean modling loveing it :slight_smile: :smiley: :small_blue_diamond: :small_blue_diamond: :+1: :+1:

Marsyas,

Your technique and sculpting are amazing. The horse-head skeleton is brilliant.

Did you use subtools with Zspheres to build it? Is each bone a separate subtool? Each tooth? Unholy cow that must be over 200 subtools. :grimacing:

Awesome! :sunglasses: :+1:

this keeps looking better and better.

More work on the Witch. (Been rushing–feel like I’m running out of time. ;P)

wip16.jpg

AngelJ: Thank you!
elarcano: Thank you!
MSMBrush: Thanks!
ravioli_rancher: Yes, Zspheres ftw! :wink: But no subtools when making–just one big zsphere model. Thank you!
LittleDedder: Thanks!
John Strieder: Thank you!

This is really nice! been looking at these models in easter chocolate for so long, and was amazed then. Now I think I can see this one being on my top 3 list.

I don’t know what it is but the little witches arm (her left) seems to look a little dislocated Maybe move the end near the elbow back bit.

I am very inspired by this and would love to sit with you an learn all about your workflow and technique.

Very well done!