ZBrushCentral

Scared Silly Entry by Geoff Priest

More work on Horsey…

I sculpted a ‘normal’ proportioned pelvis then stylized it to fit the character. Vertebrae are also more complex than I made but I’m omitting/stylizing stuff. Especially stuff that won’t be seen. :wink:

wip10.jpg

piz: Thanks! Just don’t use it as ‘accurate’ reference. :wink:

dustbin1_uk: Doh! I can try to remake it in Z3…

Insane quantity of work here! Very nice! :smiley: :+1:

I like this thread. Great use of zSphere’s and clean modeling
and also a good presentation. Keep it up.

Cheers

Ralf Stumpf

Amazingly clean model Marsyas, I’m impressed. :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

Bimm

Blimey! You’re reinventing the anatomy class over here! Great stuff, keep it up.
Jason

Wonderful work and concept so far. :wink:

You are the master of ZSpheres, your zifs always inspired me! I like the concept and the parts are coming our very well. My favs are the book and the sceleton, the skull looks so great!

froyd

Some more pieces… Never finish as many as I’d like.

wip11.jpg

piz: Thanks! Lots of free time… :wink: Still takes me long hours to do this stuff.

stumpf: Thanks! Means a lot coming from you.

Bimm the Stone: Thank you!

Dondemaker: And the effort is wearing me down. :wink: Thanks!

Jason Belec: Thank you!

froyd: Thanks! What’s a ‘zif’? :wink:

number of vertebras and ribs are not true !

Fantastic and very clean skeleton sculpt! :+1:
Marsyas…! You know… as your habitual very High Quality Standard. :wink: :+1:

Bloody hell! This is quite brilliant! Your innovative use of Zspheres is quite incredible. Between you and Marc Boulay I think theres nothing that can’t be made with these little red wonders!

Very, very clever!:sunglasses: :+1:

Your Zsphere work is amazing Marsyas! Very cool!

That’s looking great! Pretty cool job.

Just remember, to save on time so you can finish your entry, only concentrate modeling and detail on areas that you can see. Example, if the final pose of the skeleton is a front view, then don’t worry about modeing or detailing the back portion of the skeleton because no one will see it.

Unless you just want to be able to use the skeleton for something else later on.

Good luck

Looking realy good. I like the way you did skeleton.

Zif is a term I made up when zspheres first came out. I found that typing the word “zsphere” was not a quick thing for me to do with the “Z” and the “S” being located so closely together and my pinky is not very coordinated. So, I shortened the name to “zif” and it caught on…I don’t think most people even know where the term came from, it just seems like it’s been around since the beginning (which it has been, since I was a beta tester for the version of ZBrush where zspheres were introduced).

The most satisfying thing for me was when I read a post where Pixolator himself called it a zif and someone wrote a plugin with Zif in the title…I’m not looking for anything out of this, just want people to know where it started.

More bits… Just need to work on the neck vertebrae a bit and then I can try posing him.

wip12.jpg

skulll_monster: Yes! I’m aiming for slightly cartoony though. Thinking about adding the cartilage to the ribs…

piz: Thank you!

slashpot: Thank you! Zspheres can be quite fun.

sirquadalot: Thank you!

-WOODY-: Thanks! You’re right–I let myself get carried away a lot. (Like all perfectionists, I’m not a very good one. :wink: )

KOSOVA: Thank you!

Slosh: Ha! Nice bit of history to know. :slight_smile:

Amazing study of bones! Very cool Geoff! :+1: :sunglasses:

good start ! i like your process and your presentation ! :+1:
can you tell me if there is some way to grab document
with alpha ( or trasparent backround ) ?
or this is render in zbrush ?

thanks

Really nice work on those bones there, can’t wait to see this finished!

Keep on Z-ing

:o)
fishadder

I can’t believe you did the teeth in zspheres, that’s dedication :slight_smile: