ZBrushCentral

Sailor Face Shapes Animation

Happy to share this new quick project : Sailor Face shapes Animation.

01 02 07 08

The awesome Madhav Shyam developed a motion capture System with his phone. (He can be some kind of wizard I know).

Part of being a creature modeler often includes doing the face shape as well. and I wanted to test my shapes skills but on a personnal project this time.
So what you see is the motion capture (created by Madhav, we worked together on the acting). I then added on top of it corrective shapes to either add some skin slidding, exagerate some shapes or add some extra movements depending on the intention I wanted. And obviously starting with a mocap was a huge time saver such a good base to start with.
I also decided to convert my character from sRGB to Acescg. And to rework the lookdev to improve the diffuse and SSS. But didn’t touch the sculpt as I wanted it to be a quick project. (otherwise I could have spent 3 month on it).
Zbrush - Maya - Anrold - TexturingXYZ

Hope you like it!

5 Likes

For a quick project, this looks awesome Nicolas, the skin detail deformation came out very nice :clap:
Jaime

1 Like

Thank you a lot Jaime! Building the shapes and converting my asset took me a bit less than a week. But I started from a good mo-cap which was really helpful. Plus this asset comes from another project which took me about one month to complete back then. So this one should be called Retired Sailor 2.0 really hehe. But thank you again, your support is really appreciated :slight_smile:
Nicolas