ZBrushCentral

Ryan's ZBrush Sketchbook (Maddam's Standard brush - added page 6)

Very nice. I like the female figure. Is this the first time you have shown this model? Great posing as well.

Peace,

NickZ.

Wow! awesome thread. Love the last one. Really interesting. Are they in water or flying through the air?

wonderful stuff!

great idea! The thing that bothers me is the woman’s spine - it’s too stiff, I think it would add a lot more grace and fluidity to the piece if her spine was more bent, forming almost a c curve :slight_smile: MORE:+1:

Hey guys, thanks for the comments. I should emphasis that this is a maquette but your comments are spot on and much appreciated. My next stage will be to redo the entire anatomy of the figures as I had focused on massing and overall gesture more than specific details.

So alot more paintovers like this:

Then more sculpting and sculpting and sculpting!

Nick, you may have seen her brother, the Fabulous DemoHead! :slight_smile:

Also, here is another sketch using the DemoMaquette:

If you haven’t seen it yet here is a link to a bunch of Transposing movies I did:

• [Transpose](http://www.pixologic.com/blogs/ryan/category/transpose/)
Happy ZBrushing,

Ryan

edit: added new anatomy paint overmermaid_brother.jpgmermaid_anatomy_front_4.jpgfaithPillows_pose_1.jpg

Nice work, Ryan!

I really like the quick gesture sketch of that last one. A lot.

When you start tightening it up and adding detail, more focus is on the detail and the muscle anatomy, etc. so there’s more info to take in and the pose/form is just one of many elements that are going on. That’s what I like about the quick stuff. You can really see the essence of the form because it is the sole focus at that point. I find myself looking more at those gestural types of sculpts these days, when I can find them.

ryan, nice to see all the new work, the Siren model looks like it will be challanging. very cool.

The little sketch with that girl on the rocks is nice. simple and pretty expressive.

The muscle paintover has some problems. Especialy that brachioradialis from her left arm. You made it so big. From that angle it shoul look maybe half as long …and it would look triangular, cuz it comes from the lateral part of the arm just over the elbow and then it spirals towards the palm of the hand.
I did a little paintover with what I think it’s a more plausible brachiorad

Your brachioradialis is kinda like a big conglomerate of brachiorad+the radial extensors+the comon extensor of the fingers

![brachiorad.jpg|600x450](upload://oljt9sLijvGfXQmZRE7pAdfYMQm.jpeg)

great work Ryan!!!

Alex Oliver

Thanks Alex. :slight_smile:

iatriki - no resting on my laurels with you around! :slight_smile: I have corrected myself, mostly.

Now, onto the rest of the learning project. One of the important things for me in posting these images is to share both a learning process and a working process.

For example, the next step in creating a sculpt like this is to get reference from a model so my anatomy can be spot on. This is a learning step as well as a working process.

So, i get to build a suspension rig in the loft and hope my model has a sense of adventure about her! :slight_smile:

Best,

Ryan

A very nice thread. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us. Whenever Edward Gibbon wanted to deplore some event in his Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, he’d say; "It was a spectactle which offered neither entertainment nor edification. "

You’ve given us both entertainment and edification.

//youtu.be/T5_RAld-0wA&hl
drownedSoldier_1_views.jpgdrownedSoldier_1_views_details.jpgZBC_THUMB3.jpg

Attachments

drownedSoldier_1_views.jpg

drownedSoldier_1_views_details.jpg

Also, check out my demonstration on how to sculpt a mouth.

//youtu.be/1VdA6LP3CG4&hl&fmt=6

Or visit the blog page here.

Very cool,

What are your settings for the clay (or clay tubes) brush.

Very cool sculpt Ryan!

Peace,

NIckZ.

Hey Nick, great new website!

The settings for the clay brush are pretty default. The only thing I adjust is the Brushmod slider to get more elevation. :slight_smile:

Ryan

Wow, very expressive sculpts, the drowned soldiers i mean, and the video of the mouth was a pleasure to watch! im so impressed:bulb:

Good muscular form, even better than I would deem usable art already.

Omg! Ryan that is some beautiful sculpting. Thanks for showing your vids to :+1:

So, I said to myself the other day,

“Ryan. What would a muscular dude be doing underwater and under the influence of a demonic force? If he was muscular wouldn’t he have escaped?”

To which I replied, “Yeah, you’re absolutely right.”

[]drownedSoldier_1_strip_v3_body.jpg

[]drownedSoldier_1_strip_v3_detail.jpg

Then I worked more on the second figure:

[]drownedSoldier_2_strip_v2_body.jpg

[]drownedSoldier_2_strip_v2_detail.jpg

Here is turntable of them together:

//youtu.be/V5cdgkdssBI&hl=en&fmt=6

RyandrownedSoldier_1_strip_v3_body.jpgdrownedSoldier_1_strip_v3_detail.jpgdrownedSoldier_2_strip_v2_body.jpgdrownedSoldier_2_strip_v2_detail.jpg

Hey Ryan,

I really like your work on this. I think it might be neat to have some of the skin sloughing off a la Titian or some sense of the bodies’ decay. I love the scene in LOTR where the dead bodies are seen underwater (pallid transparent skin, opaque eyes, etc.) Wow, that sounded really morbid…looking forward to updates!