ZBrushCentral

Ryan Harrison: 2010 Sketchbook (Possible nudity but I'm not promising anything!!)

gwainbarek: Thankee Sai. :slight_smile: Yeah, I like the comics but it’s not exactly been the way I’ve always seen Roland.
You should give Susannah a go! Eventually I will want to do everyone too, me thinks!
I worked a little more on the face and added temporary hair and eyes…I think hes almost there…
I also did a turnaround of the head but I’ll post that tomorrow. Time for sleep.

RolandHair01.jpg

Attachments

RolandHair.jpg

Here’s the head Turnaround:

<object width=“400” height=“300”>

<embed src=“http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=12907605&server=vimeo.com&show_title=1&show_byline=1&show_portrait=0&color=&fullscreen=1” type=“application/x-shockwave-flash” allowfullscreen=“true” allowscriptaccess=“always” width=“400” height=“300”></object>Roland Hair Test from Ryan Harrison on Vimeo.

yeah man. i really love the lines in that face. you are making me rethink my own design. i cant wait to see how you utilize that stylized look into his gear. nice work so far ryan.
-d

Thanks Dante, much appreciated man! Well, I’m pretty excited about this one so hopefully the updates continue to flow! :smiley:
Still working on clothes and accessories…

Been working on redesigning Roland’s guns…realized my last design would not be very functional soooo here’s the new one.
Used 3ds max for the modeling…still some small details to add like the cylinder release and cylinder hinge…those screws are a holdover from the last version and will change.
thanks!

![Sides.jpg|780x720](upload://h5fQVFBkgzVhaVGPhsoJpfITzq4.jpeg)

Turnaround:

http://vimeo.com/13171089

Attachments

AngleViews.jpg

Started back on my Rhino Man…reworked a few things and now started detailing. Pretty much working my way down…still lots to do :slight_smile:
I will pose him very soon…
thanks!

Turnaround for this update:
http://vimeo.com/13321964

Detail.jpg

Attachments

Detail01.jpg

Detail02.jpg

Amazing character, I like very much the Rhino Man

Looks like a realistic version of the Rocksteady character from the old Turtles Cartoons. Awesome!

I LOVE his feet. I’d love to see you model this guy that I drew a few years ago. They could play on opposing teams!

[attach=203191]303612812_e991a4f744_o.jpg[/attach]

Attachments

303612812_e991a4f744_o.jpg

Hey Ryan,

Love the Rhino Man, you have some great work in this thread.

Just thought I would do a quick liquify on the feet of the rhino guy, hope you don’t mind. They felt a little flat in profile compared to the front view.

Here is my suggestion … feel free to ignore it!! :smiley:

Can’t wait to see more.

[RhinoMan_Paintover.jpg](javascript:zb_insimg(‘203212’,‘RhinoMan_Paintover.jpg’,1,0))

Also, his extremities have lots of cool wrinkles, but his middle is too smooth.

doses22: thanks!

snakes23: Thanks, yeah, I guess he sure does! Been thinking of doing an old school, early comic, TMNT so maybe he’ll get adapted to be part of that at some point…Got other plans for him in the mean time…

caffeineandpixels: nice drawing, I just may have to do that! :smiley: And, yeah, I’m working my way down the body with the detailing so rest assured the rest of him will get “The Treatment”. Thanks!

bigd17: No worries! Actually I prefer visual critiques…we are visual folk after all! You’re not the first person to mention the feet and I have made them bigger than they originally were…Rhinos do in fact have impossibly small feet holding them up but you may be right about pulling the middle toe out further. I will give it a try. Thanks!

Your rhino is looking sweet!

Thanks Scrybe! :smiley:

Decided to give my Rhino guy the equipment of the Retarius Gladiators (the trident and net kind). Here's what I've got on his gear so far....still lots to do on the belt and wrap as well as add some more stuff and weapons. More soon. Thanks for looking! C&C welcome :) ![GladiatorWIPThumb.jpg|100x63](upload://o8TCylvLgGYxaAaUvyk1FbPD73w.jpeg)

Attachments

GladiatorWIP01.jpg

DetailTest.jpg

AMAZING !!! KEEP WORKING :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:sunglasses:

Great Progress!!!
Now i can’t wait to see more! :+1:

man this is going to look really good!

Great sculpt !!! :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Really incredible!

I’m just really curious, but the workflow behind the props your rhino has, how do you go about it? Do you do everything in Zbrush, or do in an externa app like maya or max and then bring it in for some fine sculpting in Zbrush? I understand what to if it’s from an external program but if it’s all in Zbrush, I have no clue how to get it to look so clean. xD

Really awesome work yet again! xD

Excellent detail - great model…