ZBrushCentral

Realistic Head Modeling

Room335, thanks so much! I got them all. Only one question: unless I’m mistaken, video #3 is identical to video #1 – it’s the very first zSphere video. Is it possible you uploaded the wrong version of video #3?

I also have a question about the head modeling here. This model’s eyes were relatively high on his face. But many people’s eyes are almost precisely in the center of the skull. (Beginning artists often don’t realize this and paint eyes too high.) I have trouble concocting a zSphere mesh that permits me to locate eyes, nose and mouth all low enough. I guess I’ll try this video’s approach and will try to tug the facial features down lower, but I worry that will stress the upper half of the mesh.

While I’m asking questions, one more: zBrush first wow’ed me with its “digital clay” feel. But it seems we spend an awful lot of time pushing vertices around, as in other 3D programs. Do people ever model realistic human heads from scratch out of “z-clay”?

As to 1 and 3 they are different. 1 starts with a z-sphere and 3 has the the reference plates , front and side view. So perhaps you somehow save one of the videos and accidentally changed the name.

As to your other questions, someone with more experience than I have will need to answer those. I do my sculpting in Blender.

Thank you very much :smiley:

Grotius is right… video 1 and video 3 are the same… :confused: but the tutorial is great… I watched some parts and I thought it awesome… Congrats my friend!!!

Excellent, thank you for taking the time to do this and keep the links alive.

HI:
what material should I use (in ZB 3.1) in order to be able to see thru the ZBtool ?

Thank in advance
adri

i cant see TUTORIALS…ERROR from 2 to 6

ERROR

Mastersoft:

You are right! One of the tutorials looks damaged.
Anyhow diferent players have diferent behaivor for such problem.
And some player can not handle that glich and the stop and other are ables to follow with the playback. BTW Damaged tuto has just one glitch in its full length.

Instead of download lots of players I sugest you to use the VLC media player that is able to handle the glitch, and wath is better it is FREE!!
You can get it from:
http://www.videolan.org/

Hope that helps you.

e-l@dri

I don’t think it’s a media player problem - if you left click tutorial 2-6 the screen tells of a firewall problem. The right-click download gives a 1Kb file. :cry:

Looking forward to learning more from these.

Splash:

Looks like you are trying to see or download the tutorials

I misunderstan you .

From where are you trying to dLoad ?

e-l@dri

adri80386:

Trying to download them to view these (or just view them) and getting mentioned problems. Downloading from your original links (page 1) plus links placed on thread from Room335’s new server: posted on 08-22-07 01:45 PM.

hi guys, thanx for replies, u can view all 6 part from here:

[Realistic Head Modeling(Zbrush 2)](http://www.cg-turk.com/index.php?story=22b9c227639d0f5be6cc9eac66e402b8)

Really nice thanks for making these videos available :slight_smile:

Modeling a Black Guy part 4
Modeling a Black Guy part 6
:qu: :qu: :qu: :qu:

hi… im trying to duplicate this tutorial but i cannot figure out how to set up reference images in Zb3.1 can anybody help me on this?
thank you so much.
Jack

Thanks a lot to Room335 and sxnero… am new to zbrush and this tutorial really helped me :+1: if you can please post tutorial about texturing… GOD bless you all… Keep the good works…:smiley:

If I’m not mistaken these tuts are from zb 2? or at least the approach seems like the workflow for zb 2, with regard to edgeloops.

The head is pretty close to the ref image, have you got an image of the final model?

:+1:

i can’t see anything, your link doesn’t seem to work for the mac??
gr. silberdenar

I was only able to save Part 1, the others all gave errors. And I can’t view the videos at the link either, looks like some php code needs to be cleaned up :). And I have flash latest version, as well as Adobe Master Collection Cs4. Can anyone tell me where I can get parts 2 through 6?

i got an error to!!!
phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3857: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/c/g/t/cgturk/html/story/22b9c227639d0f5be6cc9eac66e402b8.php:9)

for the rest i only see a text: … BLACK guy, and its shows me a BLACK window! :slight_smile:
nothing happend.
and the numbers on the bottom doesnt work to!
Tried internet explorer, google chrome and firefox!
latest flash player 10! HELP!