ZBrushCentral

Ralf Stumpf Workshow 2011

Once again I wanted to say thanks for the shader Ralf, it’s one of the best presentation matcaps I’ve ever used for Zbrush, such great presentation shader!
And you have the cleanest works bro! Keep it up!

Not sure if this is it but make sure you increase the size of your document. It may just be a lack of resolution on the render.

If I may: for an edges solution, render using AAhalf (CTRL/CMD Number Pad 0) So having a document size that is double your final desired output is where to go.

As for BPR shadows, increase Rays, or Blur. Resolution helps but the first two will get you there. For harder shadows, use low ray count, still use a touch of blur, and a low Res. From there, adjust to taste…lol! :smiley:

Also, if you increase and tweak your AO, that would also help the shading/shadows. I don’t see any ao between the lips.

Thanks so much Ralf. Cool Material.

Thanks alot for render settings and material. :+1:

Interesting matcap, thanks for sharing.

Big fan of the material and the render settings.

Thanks!

1-30-11

Attachments

1-30-11.jpg

Very nice of you Ralph! Thanks A Million! :smiley:

[](javascript:zb_insimg(‘236935’,‘Robo-Test2.jpg’,1,0))

Robo-Test2.jpg

Attachments

Robo-Test2.jpg

Hey Ralf
I noticed that all my favorite matcaps are actually RS, which are your matcaps, so thanks a million, they’re what I use for most my ZB renders anyhow …

I’m currently rendering a full turntable of my newest model using this latest wax matcap u provided and with the BPR settings you provided, and it really is making a difference, will link to it once it’s done =)

Great work and thanx for sharing.

My Sketchbook

Hey man, thank you very much for the material and render settings. I made a very slight tweek to the Specularity curve, but I really like the outcome.

Ralph???..dont know what to say but thank you for this latest mat… I bought the mat caps you made available a few years ago and have thrived on them…but this latest mat is absolutely stunning. And thanks for the render settings.

Peter

I like the Pan’s Lab sculpt the best. Its a treat to see all them models on the one page.

I couldnt help notice the Depth blur settings you and others are using is leaving a halo effect. I think the blur is a bit too strong.

Thank you for sharing…this is very cool!

just loved ur work… u r amazing… plz visit my thread named preagnent wip and comment my work… thanks :slight_smile:

Thanks Man!

Thanks so much for sharing with us all! Very cool of you. I really like the look of the shader and the render settings are cool. Now I have an understanding of the fog and the Depth que as well, so thanks, thanks and thanks!

Peace,

NickZ. :slight_smile:

Many thanks for comments.

I work on a new model, an older Samurai. Hope you like.

Cheers

Ralf Stumpf

RS_WS2011Samurai

Attachments

RS_WS2011Samurai_Icon.jpg

RS_WS2011Samurai.jpg

RS_WS2011Samurai_Icon.jpg

Superb! So much stylization yet it still has such a strong foundation in “realism” that the end result becomes a hyper-reality that can live in both an anime or ukiyo-e worlds. IMHO of course. 5* :wink:

Brilliant sculpt, great study.
And thanks for the Material, I just downloaded it and it looks awesome.