ZBrushCentral

QuickSave Update Plugin Button Set for ZB3 (replaces QuickSave)

Hi Svengali,

So far I found some issues when trying to use the M button to save the model, I get the following error:

Zscript Note: Specified routine could not be found
[RoutineCall,SaveModeInfo9]

if I use the M+ button then it works ok but I cannot choose the folder for the increments.

And good call on not having looped saving but forcing the user to manage, its really useful to have the history of the work being done!,

CastorPT,

Thanks very much for the feedback. Iā€™ve updated the script and wonder if you could test this new version to see if the problem has been resolved?

Svengali

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Nice !!! amazing tHankx !! always and again !
you get my forever respect ! :+1: :+1: :+1:

Sorry man but it still has the same error. I hit M+, it saves a new file and tells me its saved it. Then from there on out until I reset Zbrush and all that I cannot get a popup on a subtool.

OK, Iā€™ll have another look at the M+ save function this weekend and see if I can reproduce the errorā€¦ and fix it.

Sven

rev_el,

I just ran a test with the the demosoldier model, saved itā€¦ saved it again incrementallyā€¦ hid some of the subtools and saved it incrementally a third time and still the subtool popups were functional - displaying poly and point counts, etc.

Could you try the demosoldier model in your ZBrush setup and see of you still have the problem? If you canā€™t see the subtool popups with that model, Iā€™d guess the problem isnā€™t with QuickSave4.

Sven

p.s. To anyone else using QuickSave4 who reads thisā€¦ would you take a minute to test the demosoldier model with QuickSave incremental save(M+) and report back if you find a problem with the subtool popups? Thanks.

That worked. So I do not know whats going on with my files.

The only thing i can guess right now is how big the file is. number of subtools, how cranked up the subtools may be, and the end result file size. I work with very very large zbrush files.

shrug

I donā€™t know.

Hi! Iā€™ve been using the old version of the Quicksave plugin until now (with ZB4), but I have ran into some problems now. I was doing retopo work and saved 6 increments, all files were saved ā€œcorrectlyā€ (~91mb each), but suddenly Zbrush crashed. When trying to load my tools again, then ZBrush just crashes again. And it keeps crashing every time I try to load any of the tools saved during that session using Quicksave?!

Does this have anything to do with the old plugin or is it something with Zbrush 4? Is it possible to load/restore these saved tools in some way (I managed to do quite a lot of topo work before the crashā€¦)?

Hope someone can help. Thanks!

/ Tennet

as it is quicker to load models when they are in their lower subdiv. Would it be possible to add another button to Svengaliā€™s quicksave plugin that has tool:SubTool:AllLow adding lowering subd to the action of saving?

Isnā€™t Quicksave already saving it @ itā€™s lowest subdiv level for each subtool?

This plugin is absolutely indispensable, thank you Svengali for making it! :slight_smile:

Is this issue of crashing when you save supposed to be fixed in zb4?

Svengali do you know when the final version will be realeased after you have finished the beta testing?

Also I want to thank you in advance for creating a script to help us out here that are pulling our hair out. :slight_smile: I found this thread looking for info about the crash so I am excited to use your plugin and I love the incermantal save feature!!!

Zbrush 4
When I go to save a Zbrush project I click save as and then I get a beep and the program freezes. Even when all subtools
are at their lowest level.
It does it for any modelā€¦incl zbrush stock ztools
I cant even save a ztool.

Had to uninstall and reinstall to fix issue.
Note if yo do have zbrush set up to do an auto recovery and you open that auto recovery then go to pick a new project
and it says project had been changed do you want to save say YES!!!

Items used from new install to crashing issues increased mem to 512
undo tool to 20
did optimization check on multithreading.
turned on auto recovery
note: I noticed when I used the interactive light plugin it kinda froze for a bit and then went back to normal.

BTW I havent used the shortcut to save I always just go to the menu.

I am crossing my fingers that this plugin will save me because like everyone else after I have lost several hours, repeatedly due to me selecting save and then it crashing its really messing with my creative juice flow.

quick obj can be fun:cool:

Still having the issue but at least with this plugin it has been able to save 90% of the time, so thank you very much! I put in a tcket to helpdesk to find out what the issue is but even if zbrush didnt crash this is a great plugin. I love the incremental save feature!!!

I am using Quicksave 4 with ZB4R2 on Mac and I just noticed that when saving incremental copies (using M+) then my Polygroups are messed up (they are changed randomly). This plugin works perfect in ZB4R2 otherwise, but I havenā€™t noticed this until tonight. Anyone else having the same problems? Maybe something to do with ZBrush 4R2?

tennet,

If you are creating polygroups at higher subdivision levels then this is likely to be what is causing the issue. Switching to the lowest level can degrade the polygroup (and tools are saved at lowest level). Creating polygroups at the lowest level will avoid the problem.

Thanks Marcus! That seemed to be the problem. I deleted lower SDivā€™s and now it works!:slight_smile:

marcus,

thank you for this heads up on consistent creation of lowest level polygroupsā€¦ Good to know.

Iā€™ve been concentrating on other software (2D) and my ZBrush has been shelved for a while - consequently Iā€™ve grown a little rusty with scripting, especially with Z4 and up. Iā€™m getting back up to speed with this latest release and will try to solidify QuickSave and some other old scripts too. I also bring back with me a few new ideas I want to work on.

For the moment, judging from other responses here, Iā€™d surmise the version of QuickSave posted here IS working under Z4 but perhaps there still may be some room for improvement. Iā€™ll know more after I get back to it.

Anyway, Happy New Year and a personal thanks for all the work you do, on going, for the entire ZBrush community.

Sven

Sven, iā€™ve always loved this plugin, i use the image saving feature the most, it would be cool if you could update it to include .jpg now that zbrush supports it.

Spaceboy - excuse me butting in, Sven - I think that including JPG will not be possible as this option has its own interface (giving a preview and adjustments) which is not scriptable.

Just installed Zbrush 4R3 and I can not get Quicksave 4 to work. I keep getting this error popping up and then Fibermesh ā€˜Previewā€™ is activated. I have tried to install Quicksave5 again, but same thing happens. Anyone else having the same issues? I am on Mac OS X 10.7.3.SkƤrmavbild 2012-03-05 kl. 00.37.58.jpg