ZBrushCentral

QuickSave Update Plugin Button Set for ZB3 (replaces QuickSave)

Ohlda,

QuickSave was originally written before subtools (pre ZB3). The first version didn’t save the model at lowest subD level, but I changed that in the second (pre ZB3) version (to reduce the saved file-size). This also seemed to resolve crash-on-save problems.

With the release of ZB3/3.1, I updated QuickSave to guarantee it would work in the new environment, then also added another save mode (video).

• The current QuickSave still only reduces the current selected subtool to lowest subD… but it does not set any of the other subtools to lowest subD. Perhaps it should, but to do so, I’d have to add a subroutine to specifically set each and all subtools to lowest subD before saving.

I don’t know if this would help further reduce crash-on-save problems, or for that matter, further reduce the size of saved files. It’s something I’ll have to investigate. Based on test results I might consider a future refinement to QuickSave.

Sven

• Correction: The current QuickSave selects the TOP SUBTOOL, then sets that to the lowest subD before saving… finally resets TOP SUBTOOL to previous subD level and returns to subtool that was active before the save. Note also that the top subtool is also renamed to match the most recently saved file name.

Thanks Sven:cool: This will come in very handy.

Jim

I’ve briefly tested a modified version of QuickSave which reduces all subtools to lowest subD levels before saving the model - surprisingly, the new saved files turned out slightly LARGER than the same files previously saved with just the first subtool reduced to lowest subD level.

Consequently, I’ve decided to let the current release of QuickSave stay as is.

Sven

I got the idea from this thread to manually save my tools with their lowest subdivision levels to save HD space and your right, they do come out as slightly bigger files?

I don’t know anything about .ztl .obj files but I thought that was odd?

PS: Thanks for the plugin :slight_smile:

Thanks much Sven.

I was just tthinking today I needed an update to this plug as I have just upgraded my system and there it was. Will save lots of time.

Thanks again,

Dan

thanks very much! M+ is awesome :+1:

fabulous, thank you x37!

Thanks Sven looks like a crackingly good little plugin I will be testing it in about 20 secs :smiley:

Fantastic. Thanks for coding mate :slight_smile:

Is there a trick to drag the buttons to the UI? I seem not to be able to do so.
Thanks for your help, and thanks for the wonderful plugin.

1. Preferences>Custom UI>Enable Customize
  2. hold down CTRL and drag the button where you want it
  3. disable Preferences>Custom UI>Enable Customize
  4. finally to save the settings Preferences>Config>Store config

Thanks a lot!

Much Thx! :cool:

great plugin ,

how to determine the number of files that save.. ? i mean: i can't stop the count ..start form - 001,002,003 .... to 999.. for example .. i want to save only 6-7 versions of the file, then they must begin to be replaced by 1, 2, 3 ... to 6-7 hope you can understand me :) my English is bad thanks

PST,
Yes, I understand.

Having a limited number of saves has been requested before.

When I update QuickSave for ZBrush 4.0 I will make that the default save method… (unless Pixologic offers the autosave, which everyone wants!)

I will make it so a click on QuickSave + button starts by saving with 01, incrementing up through 09, thereafter saving by overwriting… 01, then 02, etc.

Any other suggestions are welcomed, but be aware that currently, timed autosave using ZScript is not possible.

Thanks for using QuickSave, Svengali

great thanks Svengali

i can’t wait for update …

thanks

Ceco

After loosing 3 ztools, due to crashes, though thankfully I did save an earlier version, I came across this thread and downloaded your plugin. Thank you so much! I performed the same operation, which caused my crashes, namely saving at highest poly divisions, and this time no crash! Whoopie! I know your script saves out at the lowest sub d and an incremental version (not over write) so makes it easier. Also I think a cause of my earlier crashes has been unwittenly saving a model whith hidden polys a definate no no!
So thankyou again, great plugin!:+1:small_orange_diamond:D:+1:

i love this plugin! xD
the idea of having 999 copies of my model is just great :cool:
i dont know why ppl complain about no overwriting option
imo overwriting can be dangerous, its better to manualy delete older versions
thanks again, the fun of using zbrush is back :smiley:

Does this amazing plug-in works with Z3.5R2?

The plug-in still working for me on 3.5R2