ZBrushCentral

Quicksave files gone

Hello,

Today I opened my Zbrush and all my quicksave files are gone except for the ones that were made in the last 3 days or so.

I had loads more files there with very important projects, some of which i haven’t saved yet sadly but was only saved as a quicksave project. (my max quicksave is set to 1000 files, no I have about 13 documents.

I went ahead after googling and found the quicksave folder (on mac), and indeed there are only 13 files there.
Can anyone tell me what the hack happened?? and if i can retreive those missing files somehow ? please !! I’m devastated I had some very crucial designs there.

I’m certain it was not me who deleted those files as I didn’t know of the existence of this folder until this issue came up. My Zbrush application folder and my personal zbrush folder was backed up but I didn’t backup my Users/zbrushdata folder as I didn’t know about it.

any help could be greatly appreciated thank you very much !!

Zbrush 2020, Mac os Catalina

1 Like

Hello @yoyozozo,

The easiest explanation I can think of is that the “Delete Quicksave Files” (Preferences> Quicksave) button was pressed at some point. If you’ve adjusted your Max Quicksave Files slider recently, I might be suspicious of that event, as the button and that slider are right next to each other.

Otherwise I have no explanation from the information provided. We could look into your system and installation in more depth at Pixologic Support if you’d like, but if those files are gone, then they are gone. Retrieval is not likely, unless the files are simply misplaced.

Thank you!