ZBrushCentral

Questions & Troubleshooting for ZBrush 4R6 - read first post for P2 Patch instruction

Thanks for the feedback!

As I said in another forum:

You can ding Pixologic for an antiquated UI architecture (hopefully updated in V5), but man are there some great tools in there! It’s one of the few companies that makes me genuinely, joyfully grateful: it really seems like Pixologic understands how valuable time is.

deep thanks Pixologic.

Yep, thanks Aurick. I backed up all the tools, alphas, materials, etc that I had in there and then removed them so there were empty folders in R5. Ran it and it didnt hang up, R6 is good to go! Thanks! Would be nice if it said something like “Folder too large to copy” or something instead of locking up (if that is even possible to do) otherwise its good to GO!!

On my macbook pro (os x 10.8.4) - Following instructions, I went to check for update via plugin - it showns new version but if you choose to upgrade, it just closes ZB, and nothing else happens

If you run the upgrade app, it asks for admin password (supplied) looks like it will do something, then does nothing.

So I de-reg ZB, download full install - click the dl app, and the icons zooms as if opening - but nothing happens :frowning:

Any ideas?

Just got a chance to try out that method. Works great. So nice!! I also found detailed step by step instructions here on pixologic’s website http://docs.pixologic.com/user-guide/3d-modeling/sculpting/sculpting-brushes/curve-bridge/ Thanks so much!

Found that dmg file did not launch any instructions or screen, but noted (when doing something else) that the drive had appeared in finder disc sidebar. I was able to launch the install app and pdf.

Found that dmg file did not launch any instructions or screen, but noted (when doing something else) that the drive had appeared in finder disc sidebar. I was able to launch the install app and pdf.

Pixologic.

The Auto updater does not work, it fails to detect the new version.

Any idea why?

Thanks

What version do you have and are you on Windows or Mac?

What happens is that the DMG mounts. You should see an icon for it on your desktop or at the lower left of your Finder window in the Devices list (where a USB stick would show up). You have to then double-click that to open the image, from which you’ll be able to launch the installer.

Depending on system settings and Mac OS X version, some users have the DMG open automatically after mounting while other users have to open it manually. There’s nothing we can do to override that and force it to always open after mounting.

no comment.

Hi, i’m trying the multimap exporter plugin to bake a 32bit displacement, and i did some tests with UV and there’s something strange going on.
Some parts looks like there a ‘pin’ in the corners, others are being smooth and the rest behave as expected (with frozen edges)
uv_borders.jpg
example: uv of a dress
thank you

Has anyone else gotten this error message?:
4R6 file error.JPG

It then closes down the updater; and I have to go through the updating from the beginning.
I’ve tried from the Plugin folder, and the 4R5 Program Files folder.
I’ve tried assigning a different folder for 4R6 but it says that folder already exists as well.
I’ve run it without the firewall on.
I’ve searched for the folder it says is already there and can’t find it.

I’ve tried over a dozen times now…
Do I need to do a stand alone installation?

I’m running an Inspiron 1720 with Vista Service Pack 2, 4G Ram

Have you tried the Full Installer instead?

I would also recommend restarting your computer before you try again. It might be that something is cached somewhere and your computer is now confused!

i’m not having much look with this …now it says…You have either exceeded the number of downloads allowed or your download link has now expired.

I need a renewal link please

Hi ktby,

For renewal links I’ve always had to contact Pixologic directly. There should be an address that appears on the page telling you you need a renewal link. You may be able to get help faster that way.

Thanks for the great update!

I’m on a Mac.
Slice Curve brush - I was not getting that crazy mesh the others were getting but I guess it’s a similar problem.

ISSUE: Slicing a Dynamesh with group turned on, and re-dynamesh use to give you two solid mesh. Now it doesn’t
Here’s the step by step i did.

Dynamesh a sphere, with group function turned on and slice curve selected.
Slice the sphere will create 2 polygroups automatically.
Hiding one of the polygroup to show that it is doesn’t appear to be a solid piece of geo/mesh.

I even tried the hidden functions, the ones that pops up while holding down the Shift, Ctrl and spacebar. The Polygroup and BRadius. I know it’s not part of the procedure to begin with but I thought I try it out.

WORK AROUND:
It used to be done automatically, but the work around is to hide part of the mesh then split hidden and the dynamesh each mesh to make it a solid mesh.

VIDEO:
Here’s a youtube vid of what I did and maybe more clear for everyone.
http://youtu.be/YrmTS8efHHs

No biggie, just wanted to put it out there if there’s anyone else trying to do the same.

Loving the Dynamic Solo by the way.

Thanks.

Does anyone know if the patch is for Windows only? Neither ZBrush or the updater can find the patch on my system. (ZBrush isn’t already patched either because it only says ZBrush 4R6 on the title bar.)

Yes, the patch is Windows, only. Mac did not have the issue that it fixed.

Just wondering if I am the only person experiencing this? Also just checkecd my r5 install which was functioning fine in regards to GOZ before updating to 6, and 5 now throws the same error.

goz windows

Hello,

I just tried goz for the 1st time with R6, a couple of issues.

1st, when I try to update all paths the only apps it is bringing up are photoshop, and sculptris, no max, maya etc prompts

Next I tried just to see if it was functioning with photoshop and it delivered the following error message:

“Unable to open file”
C:/Users/public/Pixologic/goZbrush/Scripts/GoZ_ExportFromZbrush"

Same, and you posted 3 days ago. Thought i’d go back to 4r5 but i’m getting the same error there now too.