ZBrushCentral

Questions and Troubleshooting for ZBrush OSX 3.2, GoZ

I am extremely happy with the go zbrush workflow with cinema4d.
I’ve done in seconds what would be a really tedious affair.
I have a question though. Is there a way to export a model that has more subdivisions than the default subdivision-1?

You could delete the lower subdiv. and export it.

Yeah that’s what I did. But what happens if I want to keep it?

You always can reconstruct the subdiv.

unable to find the file when clicking download.

“Unable to reconstruct lower subdiv” !!!
Damn, and I was getting my hopes up!!

Also I’ve noticed a huge bumb in file size. On 3.12 a tool I’m working at the moment with 7 subtools 79.7MB, now on 3.2, (with minor goz adjustments: added a hole in the mouth area) 147.9MB…

Any ideas why this is happening?

Before deleting the lower levels, save level 1. Later, you can export the high level version as an OBJ. Load the level 1 version, divide it to have the correct number of levels, then import the high level version into the highest level. This will update your model with all the details, and you’ll be back to a full multi-res mesh.

Regarding file size, my understanding is that ZBrush uses a lot of data behind the scenes to make the GoZ experience so fluid. This will result in higher file sizes.

Active subtool has many meshes.
I mask all but one.
I make three brush stroke changes.
I clear all the masking.
I hit undo three times.

The mask does not come back, though the actual brush stroke changes are being ‘undone’. It is a small glitch.

PS- Should I be posting little glitches or bugs on this thread or another thread? Thanks

Awesome update, thanks again - it is really exciting. However, I had everything working great with GoZbrush and then all of a sudden I no longer have the GoZbrush icon on Maya 2009 shelf, the shelf tab itself is still there but not the icon to send the model back to Zbrush. Not sure what I should do - reinstall Zbrush or can I somehow manually set it to get it back?

I don’t see the goZbrush listed in the plug-in manager for Maya. Thanks fo any help.

When I try to move an object from Zbrush to C4D, nothing happens. C4D doesn’t launch, and no new objects appear in new scenes.

I click GoZ button, select Cinema 4D, and … nothing.

I can transfer from C4D -> Zbrush without problem

Any idea what’s going on?

Navstar, download the file somewhere in this thread to allow ZB3 to know exactly where/which Cinema 4D it’s going to connect to - had the same problem until I ran the file.

Adam

If you loose your GoZ icon from the Maya shelf it is very simple to get is back.

1. First make sure to MMB drag any GoZ icons off the GoZ shelf into the trash. 2. Make sure to delete the entire GoZBrush self from your self tabs. 3. Then save all shelves. You will not need to close Maya at this point, you can keep it running. 4. Send a mesh from ZBrush to Maya using the GoZ Button in the Tool Palette. This will re-install your GoZBrush shelf and GoZ button.

Not working for me either. Definitely installed correctly, but nothing under the zplug drop down.

Cheers, Chuck

Hey guys. Your find app path Automator action is a bit sloppy. Find all apps that contain the word “Cinema”??

Well, I have an app called Cinematize Pro. And your script picked that up. :rolleyes:

But I have the right path in there now. And still nothing. I cannot send anything to C4d.

And I can’t send anything to modo.

1. I have three subtools. One of them is not visible.
    I can not pre-process all (decimation).

2. I can’t do a second decimation with the slider. Well, it does, but not at all what I specified with the polygon count slider.

I can send a zbrush model to Maya using GoZ, but I cannot send a model back the other way. Maya creates files in the users/shared folder, but nothing goes into zBrush.

Maya 2009 sp1
zbrush 3.2

Add: I cannot originate an object in Maya and send it to zBrush 3.2

neilford

zBrush 3.2

Subtools Master has a bug. When I try to Duplicate a subtool, the tool is created, but the script errors and the tool is not added as a subtool.Below is the error message:

Attachments

SubtoolError.jpg

Did that. Still nothing :frowning:

the subtool master plugin you downloaded is for 3.12b, so it won’t be perfect until they have 3.2 ready for download :slight_smile:

It said 3.2 when I downloaded it. Apparently, they pulled the 3.2 designation and put it back to 3.12b. Probably, they, originally, thought it would work for 3.2. I need this tool, right now. I have already coverted my model to 3.2. Can’t go back without converting it to an obj. Just gotta wait:-( Waiting is hard.

neilford