ZBrushCentral

Questions and Troubleshooting for ZBrush OSX 3.2, GoZ

Thanks for the Update to 3.2 – only issue so far was an error message that stated that vers. 3.12 could not be found, please reinstall… that was caused by my installing ZBrush 3.12 in a sub-folder within my Application folder. I moved the 3.21 folder out of the sub-folder and made sure it started okay, and then started up 3.2 and no more error message.

The link to Subtool Master for Mac 3.2 yields a message that says that there is no file with that name. Is it just because it’s early and not enough coffee yet?

Yeehaw! - that sorted it for me! - I have 3 different versions of C4D on my system :slight_smile:

Re-installed ZBrush at my Systemdisk (other partitions did not work)

Only one way from C4D

Used the SelectGoZApp

… YEAAAAAH IT WORKS!!!

Thanks Support. All working now!

GoZ working as advertised here. The only question I have is, how large should ZTools be to bring into the external modeling apps? I brought an old ZTool into Modo and Cinema 4D using GoZ and the were so tiny I couldn’t zoom in enough to do anything on them. They were like a tiny dot.

Thanks for all of the releases at the same time for Mac folks. I feel like it’s my birthday!

industripop: ZBrush 3.2 has new scale/offset controls which you can modify as needed. Open the Tool:Export subpalette and in there you’ll find the current export-scaling and export-offset. Generally, you want to set scale to one (1) and x,y and z offset to zero (0).
Note, if you have multiple subtools, you should set all to the same values.

thanks for the update…
everything is working…

Error page when trying to download the 3.2 subtool master plugin.

Ahh, I see, thanks for the quick response! One other item. When I follow the video instructions to install GoZ into C4D, everything works fine but for some reason the workspace doesn’t save. So, when I close C4D and then re-open, the GoZ icon is gone. Any ideas?

I’m not sure if this related (or exactly the same problem) as what you are all talking about, but I haven’t read this mentioned exactly so here goes…

When I go to open the GOZ_test_sphere.ZTL that comes with the MAYA setup, I get the following messge…

"Error has been encountered while trying to load a Tool. Loading has been aborted.

The install seemed to go well. I’m using the latest version of MAYA with a MacBook Pro 15 inch laptop. my OS is 10.5.7 and then zbrush 3.2

Having the same problem as antimorph… BUT the solution doesn’t work for me. I still get all those same errors! grrrr

bLawless: Thanks:)
industripop: Did you try ‘Windows/Layout/Save As Startup Layout’ ?

I’m having trouble getting my ZBrush mesh sculpts to show up in Modo 401 after the first GoZ operation. The first time, maps and mesh come in just fine. However, if I go back to ZBrush, make edits, run GoZ, the mesh will not update in Modo? The maps do update. This seems like a one way problem, any edits I make in Modo to the mesh do reflect back onto the ZBrush mesh.

Any ideas?

I tested GoZ with Maya 2008 ext2, I do get everything, maps and mesh edits, every time, both ways.

(Also, the 3D Print Exporter isn’t showing up in my ZPlugs drop down menu? Decimation Master is there. I unzipped and copied both into the ZStartup/ZPlugs dir the same way. Anyone else having trouble getting it to show up?)

TiA.:smiley:

snasitra: Make sure you are loading the file in 3.2, older ZBrush versions can not load GOZ_test_sphere.ZTL .

Thanks support. I noticed that just after I posted…

Okay, I figured it out. I did “Save As Startup Layout” before. However, before you close C4D after adding GoZ, it gives you a message something like “the scripting has been changed…would you like to save?” and before I just quickly clicked no without reading. It’s fixed now because I clicked “yes” to the message.

FIXED - this all had to do with the 3D print exporter plugin

When I start zbrush 3.2 the icon bounces, then rests. Then nothing … nothing … I tap my desktop with my pen and the zbrush window POPS into existence.

Tested it a few times. As soon as I tap the desktop the zbrush 3.2 window pops into existence.

I have copied and pasted many things into the new 3.2 startup folder: plugins, materials, brush presets. If one of these things is causing the little glitch I will have to test to see which one. In any case I am restarting my computer now, perhaps that will clear it up. EDIT restarting computer did not clear it up.

the same over here!

klaus :-))

hihi, some over here ;-)) erase my last question :smiley:

Normals are reversed in the Cinema4D file when brought back in. This is not good for rendering textures correctly or for using some modeling tools. Where can we change the normal direction? Or perhaps you could post a script modification?

Thanks,
ernia