ZBrushCentral

Project EDGE characters

Hello! It’s been a while since I posted here but I have been following the Zbrush community grow with so many amazing talented artists!

I just want to share some work I have been doing for my side project called EDGE which I’m turning into psychical book. I have been writing the story of the characters along with my writer friend Rodrigo Abreu and also designing the world and everything that goes in it :slightly_smiling_face:

With all that said, I’m posting some new images of the characters. The faces and quite a bit of the suits and helmets were created with ZBrush. The rest were done in 3DSMax and rendered in VRay:small_orange_diamond:

-Angelica C. Robles :
Born in Lareda, Texas. A natural born fighter she joined the UMD at a relative young age and rose through the ranks. Her life changed after her left arm was replaced with a Bionic Prosthetic after a mysterious accident in the battlefield which makes her the first robotic enhanced soldier in history.

Angie_001_shaded|1200x1200

And a Quick Teaser I did a while ago to announce Angie:

-Will:
Will joined UMD for the opportunity to work with top level robotic technology, specially after UMD acquired the Takashi Bipedal units. He was drafted by the Special Ops Team due to the new requirement of qualified operators being present on high risk missions.

-Oleg:

Born in the US, parents were Ukrainian immigrants. His Call Sign is “Ogre” due to his build and also a scar on his right eye caused by an IED explosion when deployed in Fallujah, Iraq

These are renders that I never shared before and it will be included in the Art Book. To pre-register for EDGE 2 Art Book and see these characters in a full Illustrated Story and more behind the scenes please visit:

Project EDGE

Thanks!

-Fausto.

10 Likes

Very nice work Fausto, it’s good to see you as always :wink: Great work on these hard surface character suits, weapons and gear :+1:
The book is SOLD OUT :rofl: doesn’t surprise me a bit…will have to wait for a re-print.:smile:
Jaime

1 Like

That is very kind of you Jaime, thank you! Honored you liked it!

The Special Edition is sold out but the other versions are still available to pre-register :slight_smile:

If I’m able to increase the run for the Special Edition I will send you one!

-Fausto.

I always love the shapes and design in your work Fausto, everything looks like it has function or purpose.

1 Like

Thanks SO much James, means a lot coming from you! Well I try hard to create designs that are functional and make sense but pushing the complexity where I can. I’m glad to hear you feel that is working! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Amazing stuff, as always. Thank you for posting and sharing with the community.

1 Like

Means a LOT coming from you Paul!!! Thanks for the support and kind words my friend! Sharing this is the least I can do, you guys created such an amazing software for us artists! <3