ZBrushCentral

Problems with making bas-reliefs with spheres

When I use the 2022 bas-relief command, I get unexpected results. I plan to use a sphere to make a bas-relief, and the result is an uneven relief surface. Do you know what the problem is? Greatful

1 Like

Hi Lanita,
I just started using the BasRelief features, and have noticed that same issue. It seems to be in the algorithm that is used for normalizing the projection. Hardly anyone is discussing this issue on the Web. It really seems like a broken feature to me.
Maybe I’m using it wrong, but it doesn’t matter what settings I use, the artifacts are still there.

Maybe Maxon will fix it :wink:

Me too! I am having quite a bit of trouble as well! I have quite along list of bas-relief designs to get through hanging on this new feature and I can’t get the results we’re after. Wondering if I need to revert back to “old school” methods???

Skittles|1000x399

Same issue. This is a broken feature.

Same issue here. This is the first post that I’ve found mentioning this. Whatever geometry that I’ve tried, I always get the same annoying pinching as Lantta’s images show. Why has this thread not received a response to this issue? This great feature is useless till we have a solution.