ZBrushCentral

Problem with saving it take too long to save a project!

Auto save most of time took almost a minute with a new project and history save is off no multiple sub tools yet the model is pretty simple no details ,sometimes less than 40 seconds still too long don’t know why all this time is taken to save a project,

I’ve worked on many other projects before more complicated and history save was "on’’ but i didn’t encounter this problem until the 2020 version all versions updated to 1.4

regular save is not a problem i mean by regular the ‘‘save as’’ button on file menu or Ctrl+S it took almost 10 seconds to save a file undo history is off

i use HDD i had no problem saving work from other applications

any suggestions ?

Hello @hadi

File size is usually the main culprit for long save times. A mesh can be pretty simple with no details but also very high in polycount, which will take longer to save. Remember that a ZBrush Project File saves all tools (and all of their subtools) loaded into a scene. Even if you’re only working on a single tool, you may still be carrying around everything else you’ve loaded. Saving undo history saves the undo history for every single subtool saved in the file, so this can rapidly bloat a scene with many subtools and I dont recommend doing this casually.

If you don’t feel that file size accounts for the time it’s taking you to save a file, you should contact Pixologic Support.

1 Like

thank you for the replay ive checked the size of the file it was 600 mb not that big i think i was working on 1 gig files and more it was not a problem so what do you think the problem is ?

I think you should contact Pixologic Support for further assistance. I linked this above.

1 Like

Hey Hadi, did you find a solution to this by any chance?
I started to have the same identical problem in the last few days, and cant find anything online except this post of yours.
Both with save tool and save file, also changing Hard drive where i save, always around 40 seconds to save the file.

Hey guys, this thread is a bit old, but in my case, I had Malwarebytes running on background task in windows, and that is what was causing the slow time on saving.

Perhaps Malwarebytes tries to check on how Zbrush files are saved, or idk, but on several tests I made, with Malwarebytes on, it took 40sec to 1:30min, and with Malwarebytes closed, it took the normal 5-10 sec in average.

So, if you don’t have malwarebytes, I’d check other security softwares that could probably be causing the issue.

4 Likes

Thank you, really works!

1 Like

Hello
for people digging up this thread who didn’t find any working solution, here is what i did.
If it can be any useful.

I loaded my old project that kept taking too long to save , exported everything in an fbx ( don’t forget to crank up all the subdivs on your different subtools )
I created a new scene with a primitve polymesh3D and re-imported my fbx in it.
worked for me , seems like it cleaned up the thing.
Just a pain to reconstruct the subdivision but worth the time spent :slight_smile:

hope it helps somebody on day

Indeed it was effectively the case for me ! I just had to desactivate the ransomware protection and it worked. Thanks for the tip !