ZBrushCentral

Prioress Elizabeth Throckmorton

what started as a simple study project in many fields become my entry for rookies awards and first try in photorealism.
My inital goal was to get known with likeness sculpt techniques, try Arnold, mari, udimm workflow and get comfy with marvelous, painter and xgen. I set my project based on drawing of Prioress Elizabeth throckmorton by Nicolas de Largillière, thinking lacking of references would make project more challenging and therefore, more fun. i was wrong. about fun. perfecting likeness turned out very hard, not only because of lacking references, but also because of artistic representation of her skin was not looking realistic at all in renderer, and without that particular skin tones it turned out pretty hard for me to pull off likeness.
It was also first try in mari to paint displacement and albedo, turned out okay i think, still had to tweak displacements in zbrush and export hi and mid frequencies for arnold. Had tons of fun researching old style habits and recreating them in marvelous designer, learned new way of cloth retopo/uv which made working with this particular set very easy. had to make my own materials in substance for all of clothing, setting shaders first time in arnold. project got so out of scope i started to have hardware limitation problems but after all, project was still ton of fun.
I hope you all enjoy and critics are most welcome

5 Likes