ZBrushCentral

Possible bug in viewport. Choppy when moving, zooming or rotating

Like stated in the topic tittle, I think there’s a bug in the viewport when moving, zooming or rotating. It gets REALLY choppy for no apparent reason sometimes. The only way I have found to fix it is to uninstall zbrush completely and reinstall and every thing is fine until a few days later when the viewport starts acting up with this issue again. Latest build ( 2020.1.4 ) While I didn’t mind doing this the first few times, it’s getting really tiring. I was just wondering if any one else has had this issue. Thanks.

i7 6700k on Windows 10 pro, 64 gigs ram, nvidia gtx 980, wacom intuos pro large ( pth-860 )

Hello @MadameHoneyJuice

Sorry you’re having some trouble.

There’s no apparent reason from the information given why you might be suffering poor performance, but the fact that it doesn’t perform badly all the time suggests it might be a specific set of circumstances that is causing your problem.

Things to consider:

1. Does this happen in any ZBrush session, with any tool, or does it only happen in a specific file or with a specific tool? In the case of the latter you need to look more closely at that file.

2. Are you doing something specific in the program when it happens? For instance, switching on dynamic subdivision for a high poly mesh will lag the program. Make sure Tool> Geometry> Dynamic Subdivision is off.

3. Is there something going on in the background of your machine when the episodes occur, like a virus scan, or streaming media? ZBrush is a very demanding program resource wise, and you should not force it to compete for system resources with other processes.

Aside from those thoughts, however, the community boards wont be able to assist you with system specific technical issues. If nothing here is helpful, you’ll need to contact Pixologic Support for further assistance.

It usually happens right when I open zbrush. I could start out with a polysphere from the lightbox and the viewport will still be choppy in that instance so I don’t think it would be specifically a file. Sometimes I have adobe viewer or chrome for when ever I need reference / tutorials. I also have Core temp and task manager running most of the time but when this isn’t happening, zbrush runs great even with all of that open. I’ll see how it goes as I haven’t had this happen for the last few days. Thank you very much for the response though, very much appreciated. Have a nice day.

Ok so going back to this, I still have the problem but I found out something by accident. I yet again, reinstalled zbrush2020 1.4 and it still has the problem. However, by accident, I used the navigation alt hotkey and it works like normal. I normally use the buttons Move, Zoom, and Rotate, and that is where the problem lies. When ever I use any of those buttons, it creates the problem. I REALLY don’t want to re install Windows just because of this issue. It really shouldn’t have to come to that. Could someone please help me with this issue? It never use to happen before on previous installations since maybe the first 2020 installer. I don’t want to just remap my tablet either. I shouldn’t change the way I work just because of this problem. Please help. Thank you in advance.

Please contact Support as previously directed. The community users are not equipped to troubleshoot system specific technical issues.

Understood, thank you.