ZBrushCentral

Portrait of Yoko Shimomura

Hi everyone, this is my third likeness project! I really don’t know how to express myself here, about how important Yoko is to me, how her music stayed with me from childhood to “adulthood”. I’m certain that she is a genious, zero doubts on that! Maybe this portrait, this fan art, is my way to express myself here. I hope she likes it, I hope she sees it, maybe, I dunno. And I hope she is a little bit weird like me.

My favourite piece of hers is Destati, from Kingdom Hearts. When I went to KH Orchestra’s concert, I was blown right away, they opened the concert with it. Good memories… Please, please pleaaaase, check her out! She is insanely talented and has a lot to offer for every taste on classical music.

Technical stuff now. This was the first time using Texturing XYZ maps, and I’m lovin’ it so far! So practical and easy to use! I recommend it a lot! Also, first time on MD too, (not the drug, the software), easy to use, but I need to study a loooot more!

Did I told you to check Yoko Shimomura out? I really think you should! Maybe start out with Destati!

yoko_side_flash flash_thirds yoko_side_orange yoko_side_flash_bnw flash_thirds_bnw yoko_side_orange_bnw yoko_side_flash_bnw flash_thirds_bnw yoko_side_orange_bnw clay_render

11 Likes

Just watched a bit of an interview, you nailed it! Great portrait and expression beutifuly executed :clap: :clap: :clap:
Jaime

2 Likes

Wonderful work : )

1 Like

Thank you so much Jaime!!

Thank you!

I hope you listened to her music a bit! It’s unbelievable!

Yes! I did. Incredible understanding of story telling through her magical music writing :slight_smile:
Jaime

1 Like

Nice portrait,.expression as so quit,.

1 Like

lovely work rogerio!

1 Like

Yeeey! So you get me then!! Thank you so much! Sharing her work means a lot to me!

Muito obrigado Pierre, meu querido!

1 Like

Thanks man!