ZBrushCentral

Portrait of Ernest

RESIN RENDERS

![T_2|999x1454](upload://

CLAY RENDERS

Yes Its leonardo from KOTFM but i wasnt going for a complete likeness! In fact i wanted to take the emotion in this scene and really exaggerate it; i wanted the eyes to be more evil, the smile to be menacing and the pose/ bust to be succinct… The character in the film is called Ernest, which is ironic, as some of his dealings are not… I also really wanted to showcase the more snake-like side of Ernest so I made sure to light the scene with a more harsh lighting scheme and i also really wanted to show off the contrast which isnt something you normally see in portraits. But again given the character i really wanted the lighting to exaggerate the evil and hidden tendencies of Ernest the character and not Leonardo the actor…

All of this was pretty much raw sculpted from scratch; i didnt use any fancy pants tricks or crazy secrets; the hair alone took 10 hours to sculpt! The bust, eyes and suit were made using basic hardsurface techniques and everything else,like i said, was raw sculpted from either a basic shape or an extrusion… The goal here was to capture, exaggerate and learn about the facial expressions and even though theres some things i would change like the amount of sclera seen on the top of the eyes or the skin around the smile etc i had to call it done because this was supposed to be a quick sculpt! The hardest part was sticking with sculpting the hair as it took a while and also trying to find a somewhat pleasing base design… I think it could be better but yeah, i had to call it done at some point!

I hope you enjoyed seeing the sculpt and if you have any suggestions or crits i would certainly like to hear them!

Total sculpt time ~39 hrs!?!?!

8 Likes