ZBrushCentral

PolyPainting Plugin – custom button set for ZB3

Hi emdee,

This black silhouette is the classic result when you try to apply polypaint to a texture map from a polymesh that doesn’t have proper UV mapping.

Try this with your polypainted model in edit mode:

Under TOOL:Texture, click on AUV. (you will have to set TOOL:Geometry:SDiv slider to 1, first). ZBrush will apply UV mapping to your model.

Now, be sure your texture map is selected and simply click the PolyPainting buttons in this order:

1. Click SaveUV button - when it asks if you “Initialize PolyMesh with Texture Map colors?” ANSWER NO…

2. Click HideMap button and you should see your polypainting on the polymesh. If you didn’t save your model with the polypainting intact, apply new polypainting until you are satisfied…

3. Click ShowMap button and you should see the original texture map reloaded.

4. Click PolyPaint to TexMap button and your polypainting will be transferred to the texture map.

Sven

Thanks Sven. Will try it later this evening.

Sven,

Thanks much. That was the problem.

emdee

Svengali, thanks for the cool plug-in.

I load my model with ZBrush AUV’s applied and when I get to step 3 and Hide Map, my model turns jet black. Thoughts?

Should my UV’s be applied after sculpting but before mapping? That’s how I’m approaching it right now.

How do you choose between GUV’s and AUV’s?

I think I’m just not applying the UV’s in the proper point of the workflow.
When I include the step suggested by Eddy Loonstijn then go to your plugin, the ‘Save UV’ button is unavailable. Only Hide Map is available. He suggests first going to Tools>Texture and hitting the txr>col button before going to the plugin for ‘Save UV’. When I do this, the button is greyed out. I know I am missing something simple.

Is there a way to ‘Clear UV’s’ so I can be sure I’m starting from scratch?

~S.~

great tool!

Reads very good, is this Just for version 3 or will it work in 3.1 too ??? I jumped ahead and put it in 3.1, opps now I cant get online Help and the start up screen bits ( not really needed now ) have vanished. Prob a , Coincidence expect Ive made a boob…help

Snark,

To clear UVs, press TOOL>Texture>Disable UV button (but first be sure you want to do that.) :slight_smile:

As to using the buttons: The NewMap button is optional - lets you make a fresh map if you need one. The other buttons are meant to be used in the specified order. 2,3,4,5 and then loop 3,4,5 as needed until you have the texture map you want.

In fact, the buttons don’t do anything beyond what you would otherwise step through manually. Each of the buttons performs one “logical” group of operations. So to use any of these buttons you need to use ALL of them in the RIGHT order. :wink:

Hook,
The PolyPainting button set works well in 3.1. Any other problems would be unrelated to the PolyPainting plugin. :cry:

Sven

“Svengali , yes me harty, guess you be right there” . As when I shut down and restarted, …blow me, twas if nothin ad appened at all. Works like a dream…Thank you:+1: :+1: :+1:

Hey Sven , Thx for this plugs it’s speed up my workflow a lot .
is it possible to make all the botton live . and not by going the 123 steps ?
for example :
I have a polypaint object and I want to assign a new map and press
“the polypaint to tecture” and not to go through the saveuv …hide map…
and than press polypaint to texture.

I know it’s not that important but just hope it could be done .
Thx in advange

Pawn

P,

Actually, that’s what the original Tool:Texture:Col>Txr button already does, doesn’t it?

Sven

yeh… I know , That’s why I said it’s not that important .
but Thx again for the plug and the reply .

Thx man, it’s so easy now…

Bye
leo

After struggling with all these finicky steps and constantly getting it wrong, I’d like to thank you profusely for making the whole process the way it should be - easy! No more inexplicably black textures, no more having to remember lots of little steps to do something so simple. Thank you!!!

Hi Svengali,

I’ve been playing around with your polypainting plugin and it makes painting textures so much easier.

Thanks,
bisenberger

This is very usefull … thx much. :cool: