ZBrushCentral

Polygroupit from Paint doesn't block when done in script?

So I’m trying to run a routine with PolyGroupIt From Paint as the first step, but for some reason it always “fails”.

I “think” what’s happening is that PGFP starts running but must be sending the mesh out of zbrush and then coming back, but it doesn’t block zbrush when doing it so by the time the mesh would have come back, the other commands have continued running.

I’ve seen that it must be possible to have it included in a routine but I can’t figure out how to “block” zbrush until PGFP is done running and the mesh is back into Zbrush…

I’m not quite sure if I should just throw a wait in or if I can just use the PGroupit lib/dll/exe instead of doing an IPress? Or is there a way to do like a wait till more undo states have been added (as I noticed that at least 2 more states are added after using Polygroupit from paint?)

Cheers for any help :slight_smile:

It’s not possible to zscript with plugins. This is because ZBrush only allows one zscript, plugin or macro to be active at one time. So once control passes to the plugin it doesn’t pass back to your zscript, and the rest of your zscript won’t run.

Ah ok, I thought as much :frowning: I was really hoping I was wrong haha.
Thanks Marcus!

1 Like