ZBrushCentral

PolygroupIT doesn't work in Zbrush 2023 any version.. In 2022 everything is ok

Hi all!

Yesterday I encountered an unpleasant feature in Zbrush 2023. I hope I’m not the only one and this bug will be fixed. In Zbrush 2022 everything is ok.

When I draw black lines (loops) and then press PolyGroupit From Paint Borderless - nothing happens. That is, the process of splitting into groups, but they are not created … I did the same thing in Zbrush 2022, on the same model and everything works fine. What can be the reason?

How do I contact the developers and send the BugReport?

Thank you and have a great day
Best regards,
Andrew.

Video with the issue -

Still not fixed in the latest update

In Zbrush 2022 everything ok with the same example:

Thank you.
Best regards,
Andrew.

Any news, dear developers?

Hi, smae happen here with the lasted version.
Thanks
Martin

…Well I just found this info about how to solve the issue:

• PolyGroupIt would fail to work if the subtool name contained spaces.
    And it works for me.

https://support.maxon.net/hc/en-us/articles/8254282891548-ZBrush-2023-1-March-29-2023

1 Like

Thank you for your comment, but it is strange, because name “PolySphere” without spaces =) This is just a standard polysphere with standard name…

the issue is you and your lack of skills.
The line are not sharp enough, the polycount between the two test is obviously not the same…

I tried different lines… And the bug really was.

I am in 3d since 2009 =) Now installed the update and everything is ok now. And it’s not about polycount… It was just a quick test to show the issue… I tried different poly account, same spheres, same lines… It’s just that there was this bug in the previous version, and now they fixed it… look at the date of the post. I think the ticket can be closed.