ZBrushCentral

pointpusher Sketchbook (2 new VID onpage 31)

Ok thanx for the quick responce but here is another question, when I copy tha Ui that you posted the window of zbrush opens in the far right side of the screen and I can’t do anything to resize minimize maximize or whatever. Any ideas? Again thanx and sorry! :o :o

edit: never mind I fixed it. somehow :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

nice sketchbook Dan - thanks for sharing all the stuff :+1: :sunglasses:

Awesome stuff Pointpusher, got your blog bookmarked and its one of my regular haunts when I want some inspiration, love the “fun” that you get into your work, great characterisation and lovely strong forms. Thumbs up chap! :smiley:

Hello Pointpusher,

Love your work! and thanks for all the vids helps a lot…
Not to mention the UI, really handy!

For those who have problem with the UI sticking to to right side of the screen and not being able to do anything…
Try go to your taskbar and right click on the zbrush icon and choose move and then use your keyboard arrow keys to move the zbrush window to the left. Then use the restore and minimize button within zbrush to get zbrush window to snap to your screen resolution. Lastly make sure to save the UI for next time!

Great personality in these pieces. Awesome work!

Why didn’t I see this earlier. awesome thread and great videos.
I love your demon on the first page :smiley: should be toprow

Nice!! Stuff… :slight_smile: :+1:

Wow~~~!!! amazing!!
Nice sketches and sculpt…

fantastic work…

5 stars

http://blog.naver.com/kimsuyeong81

cool sketchbook:D :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1:

excellent Villain character videos…learned quite abit with those. :+1:

bookmarked your blog too!

Man!! really great Stuff!!!
I like then alll!!!

congrats for the toprow

great work and lots of fun!

thx for the matcap. Much appreciated and congrats on the toprow! :slight_smile:

hi pointpusher,
i really like your workflow. very nice sculpting process.:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1: thanks for awesome video, matcaps and your UI. :slight_smile: i want to know which are the main sculpt brushes you use for sculpting?

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I need to upload a few videos, but have a deadline looming, so I’ve been a little busy. I’ll try to get the next batch of villian videos up soon. Thanks so much for the encouragement and support!

@ram2anim:

For a lot of things, I use move to mush the geometry in to the shape I want the silhouette to be, then damStandard to draw on that shape. This is usually enough information for me to look at to see the whole shape, and internal forms. If I like the relationships, I move on, if not, I go back and use move again on the larger shapes, and damStandard again for the small ones.

When the large shapes and the smaller drawn-on shapes look OK, I add and subtract volumes to the smaller shapes with claybuildup (my fav. brush pretty much). So, for example, I’ll start with a ball or a box, and then use move to mush it in to an ovoid shape. Then, I’ll draw on some ribs, and abs. Just scratchin them in to the suface with dam standard. Then, I’ll look at the model for a bit, turning it to make sure I like the silouette and smaller carved in shape relationships. Then I’ll use claybuildup to sculp the actual ups and downs of the ribs and abs on top of the shapes that are there from the moving and drawing.

Finally for smoothing, I use smooth valance instead of the regular smooth. If you imagine a hill and a valley, smooth brings them together to make flat land. Smooth valance leaves the top of the hill where it is (more or less), and the bottom of the valley where it is (more or less), but smooths the slope of the hill. This keeps most of highs and lows I drew in using dam standard and clay buildup, but cleans up the rest. Maybe try this brush at 20 - 40 % at lower sudiv. levels though.

Those are the four I use most often. Occasionally I also use:

Trim Dynamic: for making planes.

Inflate: for puffing up skinny parts like fingers or antenna.

form: to sculpt over existing shapes to add or subtract volume while leaving most of the sculpture in tact.

Elastic: I use it just like form, but it’s a little stronger and has a slightly sharper profile to it.

Hope that helps some, and if anyone has other tips for brushes etc. Please, share em’!

@pointpusher
thank you so much for sharing ur workflow in words. that will really help me in my sculpting process. i will try to practice your workflow tips. thanks 1nce again. :smiley:

You probab…you get this all the time…but I thought I’d add my 2 cents. Thankyou SO much for sharing your workflow in both video and words. Just knowing what brushes you use has COMPLETELY changed the way I go about things. I made a head last night that I was actualy remotelly proud of…

You thug character has really opened my eyes to a quick workflow that works for the style I am going for (interestingly enough its very Tangled/battle chasers esque as well) and as I have a project requiring a HEAP of characters, fleshing things out quickly is imperative to that.

Thanks again, you rock!

pointpusher your sketchbook is awesome. The Hulk model is so cool!

You da man, Danny! Thanks for putting this thread up. Your skills and know-how astound me.

soooo cooool :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:
you know what the art is