ZBrushCentral

pointpusher Sketchbook (2 new VID onpage 31)

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Just a small update tonight, super tired!

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/17359609[/vv] <iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/17373522[/vv] ![thugWIP.2.jpg|900x1190](upload://6NJWzPM6KvH2MLUY8gv3yAo7mlB.jpeg)![ZBCThumb1.jpg|110x60](upload://cDqfyuyNLRgmo0MYuY176fSZne2.jpeg)

Thanks for sharing, it’s always great to see somebody elses workflow.

very nice. can you share that matcap you are using?

Love your work very nice. Thanks for sharing these videos they are really helpful I wqas wonder if you would like to share the UI that you have on these videos, it seems nice to work with. Keep updating I’ll be sure to check on these thread. :+1: :+1: :+1:

Very Nice Model… :+1: :slight_smile:

Great work and style. Thanks for sharing!:slight_smile:

Cool character! :+1:

Thanks everyone.

@soulty666 it’s $50 ,but it’s definitely more of a model viewer for game assets, you might be able to make some render passes in it.

@nassosa sure thing, You can download it here: http://pointpusher.com/prefs/zBrush/ZStartup.zip
And, you can see how to customize the UI here if you need to:

Hey all! I love your style PointPusher… I have cruised through your site before and marked it into my fan boookmark folder - really dig alotta the stuff.

I wanted to drop a comment on the Marmoset Toolbag. I agree that it is awesome for model viewing - and you can get some sweeeeet stills out of it with the bokah lense depth blur etc… but (as of my knowledge) it does not let you render out the model with the BG already alpha’ed out for you - which would be an awesome feature… You cooooouuuullldd do passes in it - but it would basically be rendering out the same spin loop with different lighting set-ups or what not and you would still have to comp every frame of the vid together unless you used the photoshop video editing features and somehow layered the diff passes together - but that is a lot of work and probably more time than to just set-up render passes in Maya or whatever similar software (3ds, xsi, etc etc)…

I don’t know - personally i love the marm toolbag… but not for demo reel style comps… it is awesome to quickly get a great render or turntable going tho!

PS - I love your stuff again Danny, and I did not mean to steer the topic away from your great pieces… :+1:

Thanks

Ian T. Jamison

lol love the title on the retopo vid! But its also crucial! thanks for sharing your work!

Ian, you’re totally right. Thanks for the kind words! Cordycep, thank you!

I just wanted to say thank you soooooooooooooo much for posting all the videos and stills, I wish more artists would post like you do, again thank you. Amazing work, love it all, top row all the way. :+1: :slight_smile:

Lots of very nice work in here :slight_smile:

I like your style and the way you play with proportions.

The scene with the old man and the wacom tablet is especially good :+1:

Good stuff! Enjoy seeing your workflow videos, too. They’ve been helpful. Keep posting 'em! :+1:

Hey danny!
I love your works man, very inspiring as always!:wink:

Terrific work as always! such a well deserved top row :+1:

Congrats on top row! Great stuff, and thank you for sharing it all!

Got a quick question about your texturing process. When you went into CrazyBump, did you turn your normal map into a displacement map then use that as an overlay layer on your texture? Also, you start the process with an AO bake. Which program did you use for that? Just curious.

Thanks.

…video tutorial ! :+1:

Thanks for taking the time to make these videos, I love em! A little bit too fast,
but then you would wind up with a half hour video. I learned normal constraint!
hehe! (for placing domes on a belt). I was doing it the dumb way until now! So
thank you.

For your retopology, you should keep a second cloned copy of your
merged_body, when you load in the new topology into zbrush and transfer
the details, and it masks out everything but the parts it had difficulty with,
save a copy of that mask. then append your cloned merged_body to it.
Use project all so you don’t have probs with ears like you mentioned. The
mask that you saved, will be used mainly for searching for other problem
areas. To find them choose any transpose tool (w,e,r) and then just yank it
around to see where those unmasked/unprojected areas lurk.

Congratulations on top row boss! :+1: