ZBrushCentral

Pixologic Release - ZPipeline Guides

I use max. I know that doesn’t help you directly, but I usually Unwrap in max and it has always deformed properly (when the settings in max are right). I’ve yet to try GUV or AUV for anything. You may need to drop down to your lowest SubDivision level in ZBrush and reimport your XSI .obj. The Texture Coordinates may have been lost somewhere in the process… Max has a Blur option in the Material Editor that helps with the seams. I’m not sure where this function resides in XSI, also ZBrush might be able to do something about it. In the Texture panel of ZB there is a FixSeams option. I know it works for textures, but it may work for displacement maps as well.

Hope this helps

(Once the .obj is reimported, DON’T go back up in SubDivision levels or your Mesh structure will change…Or you can export your lowest subD from ZB back into XSI and apply your Unwrapped UVs to that model and export it back out if you want to be able to still increase subD levels in ZB without affecting all the work you did in ZB… Hope that’s not confusing…:confused:)

i dont know…i did everythiong you said…i model in zspheres…go back to 1 sub level export obj and export the disp map… flip it , keep the alpha value and with xsi 5 everithing else is done…but the values appear to be bad and the result is a absolutely deformed mesh. i tweaked the values and i reach a minimun quality level but nothing compared to zbrush detail level…i´m doing something wrong or GUV and AUV dont work fine…i dont know…
anyway thanks for help!!

Hmmm…sorry can’t help anymore with this one. Maybe an xsi expert will chime in here soon. Sorry:cry:

I also would like to see a C4D ZPipeline…:cool: Any word on that?

Yes, it’s in the works.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=296244

Fortunately for us C4D users, the new v9.5 is very Zbrush friendly (32bit depth displacement maps, Normal Maps and Bodypaint; the best UV editor on the market, built right in.)
:smiley:

Please understand that I honestly wasn’t trying to ruffle anyone’s feathers.
I now realize that instead of using the word “grudge” I should have explained what I meant by that. I meant more or less: Are there any kind of business relations or alliances with Maya that might impact the software in relation to Max. It was a supid way to put what I was wondering and I appologize.

I was unaware that these pipelines were “done by people in their free time.” I made the mistake of assuming that this work was done by pixologic, and was being done as an added service to accompany it’s product.

I know that we are all indeed gratefull for the work that Pixologic & Company put into these products as well as those members who offer their own services for the benifit of us all at no cost.

acmepixel

There’s no grudge or prejudice against Max, but there is a definite problem with triangles. Obj is an old Alias format that is widely accepted because of it’s quadrangle mesh capability. .3ds is a triangle poly mesh format. Zbrush loves any shape of polygon as long as it has exactly 4 sides. :smiley:

I didn’t realize this. Thank you for clearing that up for me.

ludikastyle

Blinx, I would suggest you to avoid importing the full 1Meg+ polygons obj in max… you won’t be able to handle it anyway… i’d rather go for a 100-200 thousand polys and then add detail with displacement maps/ bump maps.
There’s several good tuts on this topic.
Federaik

Thanks for the tips. However I am making enormous environments that are rich in small details and currently already utilize displacment and bump maps. Perhaps someone hase some advanced displacement tutorials that might help me increase efficiency.

I meant no offence, I hope none was taken, especially by those working on the MAX pipeline.

blinxpro

Just to add to what ryan said since I see a few cinema 4D inquiries here, There is a cinema one being done, one small hiccup regarding an oddity discovered on the cinema side but as acme pixel said cinema is quite easy and highly compatible with zbrush to begin with.

No clue when to expect it but there is a talented lady working on it and maxon’s being a good help in getting it going.

Hello, i have no reply from my post, so i decide to upload a image for a clearer view, hoping someone could see easily what is happening to me while i try to import a obj with a displacement . following zpipelines xsi 5 tutorial.
If somebody knows why this seems appear plis help me.
thanks!

Attachments

fallos.jpg

Maybe you need to fix seams, try to convert your alpha into texture, and then apply TOOL > TEXTURE > FSBORDER, you need to put the amount of the fixed borders and the Apply fix

That was brillaint - thanks a lot guys, that really helps me out beond anything else i’ve read. Great stuff! Thanks a lot

-Iest

Is it finished (for Max) ?

Not yet abishai, but if you stroll around in here youìll find a lot of people who have found and explained some good techniques for the Max-ZBrush-Max iter.

Thanks ludikastyle.

Just asking :), 'cause I saw that there’s no for Max.

cant wait for the MAX one to come out!!! thanks to whoever is developing it!!! it will be much appreciated!

thanks,

cheers!

please delete this message too, MOD! seems like a funny thing is going on here. geez

3am_
Can you please clarify as to what seems fishy? Your third post and your already suspicious? :slight_smile:

To Max users -
Discreet is putting together the guide and it is taking a little longer than expected. :slight_smile: We will post a note in this thread when it is ready. I am sorry for the delay. It is always our aim to get information out there as fast as possible while at the same time being as encompassing as possible. Unfortunately, this is not always possible and we have to release what is available in the interest of maximizing the good. :slight_smile:

Ryan

It’s great that Autodesk are on board with this pipeline! This should iron out all the guess-work we’ve all put in to get where we are now! Hopefully there’s some Mental Ray intergration in this pipline? ( I can’t afford V-Ray!)

I’ve made a simple Max to ZBrush tutorial with Polygroups Found Here if it’s any help? It should get the ball rolling for those waiting for this pipeline. It’s all guess-work.

Upham :slight_smile:

please delete this message too, MOD! seems like a funny thing is going on here. geez

HA! Well put =)

I have no problem waiting if the solution to this displacement problem is resolved without using a Max modifier (i.e. Displace)–allowing only minimal resemblance to ZBrush-level detail–but instead by calculations performed by the Mental Ray renderer during render time. I would hope, from reference to this thread, that the development team for the Max pipeline is aware of the numerous tutorials already in existence for render-time displacement using V-Ray and bypasses any mention of it and focuses completely on renderers native to Max following version five. We’re not dealing with idiots here, so I’m keeping the faith. :wink:

pardon me, Are you saying that if someone whines/rants on this forum make you think theyre as idiot? Geeee… what kind of planet are you living?