ZBrushCentral

Pixologic Release - ZPipeline Guides

This is very awesome! I greatly appreciate the Maya pipeline :slight_smile:
It would be terrific if there can be a Max-normalmapping pipeline tutorial as well!

It might be worth waiting until Lightwave 9 is released before writing a Lightwave pipeline. LW9 will have adaptive subdivision and should use ZB normal maps without additional plugins.

Now iĀ“m waiting the max pipeline.

Thanks Ryan, great effort of the Pixologic team.

I, too, am interested in the Zbrush to Max pipeline.
Note: The pipeline description in the practical guide assumes people have Vray to handle the displacements. PLEASE! Donā€™t make this assumption again! Most of us are equipped with scanline and mental ray.

Thanks,
ā€“Riprock

A Lightwave one would also be very cool

Cheers
Dave

Iā€™ll second a C4D pipeline.:cool:

3dsmax:

www.3d-designer.dk/zbrush.html

max pipline!!!
:+1:

Im not a XSI of Maya user, but cool to see you take the time to explain it. Really cool !

Hope the max pipeline will come soonā€¦ cant wait for it :P.

A C4D for me too. That would be great.

http://3d-designer.dk/zbrush.html

I would also love to see a Messiah pipeline. Iā€™ve seen some cool ones, but a straight forward one would be really nice.

Hi. Iā€™m using Maya 7.0 with Zbrush, but the displacement map is not working.

I followed step-by-step the guide of Scott Spencer for displace with zbrush/maya, but I didnā€™t get to do to work.

I believe that followed all the steps correctly, that are these:

1 - modelling in maya, 100% quad
2 - UV layout generated correctly in maya - UV in 0 - 1.
3 - Export obj model.
4 - Import in Zbrush
5 - Morph Target stored in level 1
6 - Sculpt the model with the tools std and smooth, basically, besides Projection Master.
7 - creation of Displacement Map exactly teaches Scottā€™s guide, with the model in level 1 (Morph Target)
8 - displacement map generated in tif and converted for MAP format with IMF_COPY.
9 - exported model of Zbrush in format OBJ in level 1 (morph target).
10 - model imported for Maya, with the option Create Multiple Objects in FALSE.
11 - turned off Feature Displacement of the shape
12 - created Approximation Editor with the identical configurations to the tutorial. Spatial - Min 3 - Max 5 - Length 0.1
13 - created the shader with displacement node - identical parameters to the tutorial.
14 - Rendered the scene and the displace doesnā€™t exist.

I already tried 3 times (I read several times the tutorial) but I donā€™t get to do the displace to work.

Did anybody have the same problem? What can be happening?

Thank you, guys

pleeeeeease!:smiley:

as a max user I found that maya guide awesome. I will have to read it over and over to really take it in.

particularly awesome was that little tip on bump maps over the top of displacements, relieving some of the processing load.

oh, and ofcourse the difuse map for adding dark areas to help define model contours.

can max do that crazy multi displacement map thing or am I miss-understanding the fundamentals of the tool. is it all handled in zbrush. I havenā€™t fully read that bit.

anyway, cheers for such a wonderful contribution.

roberto.loriga -

Your first post and its a demand, huh! :smiley:

obskure-

Great comment. Thanks. One thing that is really interesting to know is that both Max, Maya, and XSI all use Mental Ray natively or somewhat natively. :slight_smile: The concepts are the same for each application. The buttons are just in different places.

As for the Multi-displacement thingy, that is a ZBrush function. Max is not involved.

Ryan

hey Obskure,

Thanks : ) the Multi Displacement map approach will work in any app that allows you access to UV space outside 0 to 1 and to assign shaders per face. I am pretty sure Max will do this as well a Maya(x)

Hey vandersousa vbmenu_register(ā€œpostmenu_241704ā€, true); ,

Sounds like
1 the displacement shader didnt get assigned to the modelā€¦ Go into the hypershade and right click on the shader with y our map in it. Select the option <<select objects with material>> and see if your model gets selectedā€¦ you can also just MMB drag the material back on the model to make sure it is assignedā€¦

or

3 The R32 opetion in the Displacement Exporter was used but the settings were not adjusted to make a map for mayaā€¦
Did you use the quickcode in the manual? If not and you only set R32 the map generated will be redddish and not function in maya.

ryankingslien - ehehehā€¦Youā€™re right! I was a little upset last night, cause i spent all night finding out how to rid this damn banding effect from my diplacement map. Fortunately i find the answer here http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/showthread.php?t=1126&page=4&pp=15 thanks Zeddicus !

roberto.loriga -

:smiley: What ever it takes to get ya posting, I am cool with that. Welcome. :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

r

One more vote for lightwave.

the current version would be fine with me.