ZBrushCentral

Pixologic Release: ZBrush Learning Series - Texturing with Photoreference

Wow! That’s awesome. Finding stuff like these video tutorials is like finding gold.
However, here’s my noob question: Can this method be used when you apply a Adaptive UV in Zbrush?? There’s a mention to a some follow-up tweeking in Photoshop but with AUVs, that’d seem impossible to do. Just wondering if you can use this method with AUVs rather than Unwrapping UVs.

Thanks

dont think so, unless you are totaly crazy, you would have to do it all in Z

Hahha…
Thanks Warpy.

Ryan
Downloaded the video and files
Would not play - updated the video player files played sound
tried updating the files for the video player and the site says the video image file I am looking for is not for download.
Are you using a bets ver of Quick Time? if not what file(s) do I need to play the downloaded quick time video.
Thsanks

Hello! glad you guys liked the movie.

Spaceman - the movie requires Quicktime 7. You may have to uninstal and reinstall Quicktime. That seems to have worked for some people.

mindofchester - This method assumes you have your UVs laid out. You could do this using AUV tiled UVs. The process is the same except you simply texture both sides and don’t stop after doing just one. :slight_smile:

Best,

Ryan

[attach=29891]old_kitty_hair_blonder_web.jpg[/attach]

Hey Guys -

Just wanted to post the final result of the texturing from this video. This was sculpted and textured by myself using the technique in the video. Dilip Singh of Softimage created everything else, materials, lighting, rendering and hair in XSI. Facial deformation in Face Robot.

Check out a movie of her in action here.

It was great to work with the guys from XSI on this!

Cheers,

Ryan

old_kitty_hair_blonder_thum.jpg

Attachments

old_kitty_hair_blonder_web.jpg

your da man :] thats actually funny :stuck_out_tongue: :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Beyond words…
Shows were the next evolution of animation and games are going.
Have a few questions when you have time.
What was the render time on this animation?
Did you use normal-maps or displacement?
Wicked job bro, amazing work. 5 stars

Real nice talking photo carried by a base mesh! Long time ago I could do the same, but only in 2D, time goes fast:-)

odhinn - Dilip took care of the rendering and deserves the lion share of credit for a gorgeous render. The detail was done with ZBrush displacement map.

Best,

r

I saw this model on the FaceRobot Demo over at cg channel. I have to say it was animated horribly but face robot was a very impressive tool.

Ryan, you the MAN brother!
I still remember clearly the moment you showed me this.

OH CRAP!:eek:

I had to check…:o

Thank god, I didn’t load my pants.:smiley:

Thanks for given me the spark…
I’m off and running baby!:wink:

Later
Cesar Dacol Jr.
Aka, The Voodoo Monkey

WHO’s YOUR MAMA ! :smiley:

She looks like Farrah Fawcett these days. Really nice.

Should I say who the inspiration was or let ya guess? :slight_smile:

Ryan

What kind of uw:s your model have.

Hoe do you get that long fade on double side. Has it do do with the uw:s

I am having a hard time seeing my model threw the image plane. Is there a way to make the IP more transparent?

Hardtwist - make sure that your Zintensity for the plane is set to 0 before you go into Edit mode. :slight_smile:

Ryan

hey ryan,

continuing my email, how come you didnt use liquid for that…

cheers.