ZBrushCentral

Pixologic Release: SubTool Master (updated 3/28/08)

Note to self : do not try to merge a 26 mil poly model with subtools

This tool is amamzing and really helps with streamlining the use of subtools. Just simple mirror/duplicate is making my workflow much more chilled and responsive. zbrush is the only way !

These little updates and tools are great and really proove to me that buying zbrush and learning it was the right decsision and direction to take as an artist.

peace and thanks

Sorry, I don’t think I was completely clear at first. What I mean is that I polypainted all my subtools, so they are all filled and colored differently. Sometimes however I like to view the whole model(all the subtools), without any color on them. And to do this I have to click each subtool individually, and press the colorize button under the tool>texture palette. The same for turning on the polypainting. So of course if you have a ton of subtools, this tends to take a bit of time.

Hi
I keep getting messages that the file is corrupt. I’ve downloaded it a few times but it keeps saying its corrupt when I go to extract. WinRar and 7-Zip are saying its the ZFileUtils.dll and ShiftUp.psd files. Yesterday it was telling me it was the MergeBack.jpg file. :confused:
Anyone got any suggestions? thanks.

edit - i downloaded WinZip and they give me this message

Extracting to “C:\Program Files\Pixologic\ZBrush3\ZStartup\ZPlugs”
Use Path: yes Overlay Files: no
Extracting SubToolMaster.zsc
Extracting SubToolMaster_readme.txt
Extracting Z-axis.jpg
Extracting ZFileUtils.dll
CRC check failed
Error: Unable to extract “C:\Program Files\Pixologic\ZBrush3\ZStartup\ZPlugs\SubToolMasterData\ZFileUtils.dll”.
The size of the extracted file (98303) does not match the uncompressed size (98304) recorded in the Zip file
Interrupted

I download zip files nearly everyday and can’t recall having come across this problem before.

hehe, yeah. The nice thing about subtools is that if you system can only do say 7 million polygons, you can actually have several 7 million subtools that combine upto that 26 million. Only downside is you can only work on one at a time. But combining them, then you are taking the resources to another level. Probably why Transpose Master switches to the lowest subdivision level for combining them to pose.

Roja,

No problem, we’ll add that option into an update.

I have to say i LOVE that fact that the last ztool saved now shows up in the startup screen. I’ll never touch the standard save button again! :smiley:

Great stuff guys. This plugin is very useful.

Any idea on how to remove the two warning messages when I save a model with hidden polys? I hate to click OK two times every time I hit save. :slight_smile:

Thanks

Awesome.I’ve been wating for something like that.Thanks a lot.:+1:

Wow awesome thanks so much! :slight_smile:

loveley :slight_smile:
the new save button and the multi append are my favorites ^^

many many thanks :slight_smile:

I’ve read a few posts in this thread now about the new ‘save button’ - but I’m confused.

What ‘save button’? Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Thank you,
Brandon

Hi Brandon,
There are two buttons in the SubTool Master submenu - the one labelled ‘SubTool Master’ which launches the pop up interface, and the ‘Save ZTool’ button which is the ‘save’ button being referred to.

Thanks, I’ll be using that alot.

In WinRAR I have a choice of full, absolute or do not extract paths. I don’t see a ‘relative’ choice as was suggested at the beginning of this thread. Which do I choose for correct installation?
Thanks.

Just open up the rar file and drag the contence into the correct location, thats all I do, works great too.

Nice addition, very much appreciated. I’ve hardly touched the standard subtools, now i have to figure this out, so little time, so much cool stuff…!

I’m sure you’re sick of the “wouldn’t it be nice posts”, but here’s one more. It’d be good if it dropped the Subdivision level of the top part down when it saves. If i’ve currently got that at quite a high level, if I want to save i’m gunna have to go and drop it down anyway, so the button wouldn’t really save me much time.

Other than that though, it’s working great. I was just needing something to change the order of the subtools for me, and I pop on here and here it is :slight_smile: Thanks a lot guys.

NoirQ,

With 3.1, there’s no need to drop down subdiv levels for saves - the file size is no smaller.

I found that if i saved at a high level, it was more prone to crashing on save. did it quite often, whereas if I do at a low level, it doesn’t. It’s not a huge concern though, i’ll just keep my top subtool at level one :smiley: