ZBrushCentral

Pixologic Release: Reset Brush - a plugin for ZBrush 3.1 (updated 2/25/08)

Also, I am unable to get it to store the “Z Intensity” for the smooth brush. When I hit “Reset Brush” it loads in the new smooth curve fine, but the Z Intensity remains at “100”. It appears to store this setting just fine for other brushes though.

EDIT - haha, I am having an odd morning, the z intensity appears to be saving fine now… not sure how or why, but when I hit reset it loads it correctly. :smiley:

Awesome plug in marcus!

i might be doing something wrong but i cant download it

Rols574,

I just tested the download and it worked fine. What problem are you having?

Marcus, you are the Jesus Christ of Zbrush. Thanks man, you rock!

Amazing…That’s great! The plugin is very very useful! Thank u very much!:smiley:

hi marcus, please help. I’ve just installed the plugin and set up my brushes and saved the settings.

However when i went abouts setting up hot keys for those brushes ( keys 1- 6 ), they don’t work . Plugin seems to have disabled all my hotkeys. they worked well before i reset the brushes.

Mark Soon

msoon2k,

I’ve not heard of this problem before. Reset Brush does not alter anything that would affect the hotkey setup. Are you sure that you saved your hotkeys?

Hi Marcus,

thanks for the reply.

Sorry about before, it was my bad. I was setting up hotkeys for the brushes on the wrong panel. It’s working now

However, i’ve found that when i reload zbrush the day after, the alphas, intensities and curves of my brushes are messed up. I’ve tried shift-Clicking the reset brush button and resetting with curves etc, but it doesn’t work. my brushes are still messed up.

What am i doing wrong Marcus?

Regards,

Mark S

msoon2k,

Reset Brush will not automatically set your brushes on start up. For custom settings you need to Shift-click the button. If your brushes are not set correctly after doing that then it is because the settings have not been stored. You need to set up your brushes, Shift-click the button and choose ‘Store New Settings’.

thanks marcus

Where In zbrush 3.1 is the smooth intensity. In zbrush 2.0 it used to be under transform I thing, where you had your little slider. They seem to have changed it in zb3. Please help.

Thanks.

DomzDream,

Intensity for the Smooth brush is set thru the Z Intensity slider. The Smoothing Curve is in the Brush palette.

Thanks, Marcus.
Hmm…I thought it might be there. It’s rather excessive don’t you think? You really have to lower the intensity in order get any desireable results. I miss the old zbrush 2.0 settings. You hit space bar, boom, straight in your little control box. I’ve been reading other peoples’ complaints about it. Whew! A lot of complaints! It just seems clumsier in this version I think.
Anyway, thanks.:wink:

hi dude thanks allot its really nice plug-in many thanks for your great effort,

Thanks for sharing, fixes a mild frustration.

Very nice. Got it working now. (is there a way for it to automatically run at startup?)

I’m afraid not. :frowning:

wow, thanks! I can now step back from the ledge.

Been usin it for a while now,… saves a ton of time… thanks again.
One question,… is there a way for it to save while in Projection Master?.. I’m getting an error that says, “no mesh in edit mode?”

I’m not quite sure why you would want to use the plugin while in Projection Master - the sculpting brushes aren’t available. But if you want to, simply select a mesh (e.g. the Polymesh3D ‘star’), hit ‘T’ to enter Edit mode and then the plugin will be available, along with the sculpting brushes.