ZBrushCentral

Pixologic Release: Reset Brush - a plugin for ZBrush 3.1 (updated 2/25/08)

This looks great Marcus!!! Will it save stroke settings like the color slider seting in spray stroke? That was one thing that got lost from ZB3 to 3.1 I missed : )

GREAT looking plug. io cant wait to get home to try it.

S

Great stuff yet again Marcus!

Many thanks for putting this together :+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:small_orange_diamond:+1:

Can’t wait to check this out when I get back to planet Europe next week :wink:

Chris

Thanks guys. :slight_smile:

Scott,

The plugin will currently reset Placement, Color and Scale for the Spray stroke types. There’s a problem with settings that are not saved with brushes in that they can only be set once. So if you have one brush of Spray and one of Colorized Spray then the plugin will reset them correctly. More than that and all brushes of the same stroke type will be reset to the same settings - whatever they were at when the plugin stored them.

HTH,

The first thing I noticed after installing was that all the menus refused to stay open while ctrl/shift/alt was pressed so no shift clicking was possible. Then I placed the button in my custom ui and every time I click that new button, it disappears and creates a new instance of itself in the brush menu under the original button. The menu closing effect disappeared after few restarts though.

haamu,

I can’t reproduce either of these issues but I may be able to correct the repeating button issue. Please check your messages and if the fix works for you I’ll post an update.

Thanks,

Many thanks for another great plug-in.

Is there any way to ensure the modified brushes are in place at start-up?
At the moment I have to select each brush and press the Reset Brush button to get the modified version (or shift-click and do them all at once).
Not a massive problem, but it would be nice if the modified versions were automatically loaded when you start ZBrush.

I couldn’t find a satisfactory way of doing this. Custom brushes saved to the ZStartup\BrushPresets folder will load at startup, so for brushes you use often that is the quickest way. You would then just reset them as necessary.

Fair enough. Really useful plug-in anyway

Thanks. :slight_smile: If I can enhance the plugin I will update it.

thank you!

This is great!

I just droppet by the forum to search for a brush related info and then I find this.
So does it mean there is no way to make Zbrush remember the brush setting, eg intensity value, all by itself without this tool?

It will be very helpfull, thanks !

I’ve stored the brushes, but they never reloaded…I’m a bit tired of adjusting my smoothbrush in all ZB session…any idea?

If you stored the brushes correctly then a custom Smoothing Curve should load when you:

1. Select the Smooth Brush
  2. Press the Reset Brush button.

If your custom curve fails to load then you either haven’t stored the brushes correctly or you need to download the updated version of the plugin (available at the start of the thread).

I could be wrong here, but it appears that with the latest revision. Hitting “Reset Brush” on the standard brush loads alpha 58 for some reason. which is not the default alpha for the standard brush. Unless I am using it incorrectly.

Hi Eric,

I can’t reproduce that error. Are you sure that you didn’t accidentally store that alpha with the standard brush? That is the only way it would be loaded when resetting. By default the standard brush has no alpha.

very handy plugin marcus ^^ many thanks for that :slight_smile:

marcus,

I suppose that is possible, but that alpha doesn’t load with the standard brush when zbrush starts. how would I go about un-storeing it?

-EDIT-

Nm, I used your plugin to store the new settings. This is odd though as I have never used the store setting before. I didn’t even know it existed…

In that case you may have inadvertently stored the wrong alpha. The first time you press the Reset Brush button after installation it will store the settings, with whatever the brushes are set to at that time.

Let me know if you have any more problems.