ZBrushCentral

Pixologic Release: PaintStop plugin for ZBrush 3.1 Windows & ZBrush 3.2 MacOSX

When I open Zbrush it does indeed hangs there, then I just click on the screen and it completes the task. Bit odd but not a big problem, I use Vista 64.
I installed this, tested it, works well, I’m quite excited, when I finish working today (deadline day) I’ll have great time. Thanks guys, well done.

If you have any problems or questions please post in the

PaintStop Questions & Troubleshooting thread.

Be sure to include which OS you are using.

Thanks,

This is great. Thanks you Pixologic. This will be a big help with my workflow.
I wish more 3D apps had more 2d sketch tools like this. Everyone knows that a good design starts with a sketch. Awesome!!

Please add wacom eraser support or a least a hotkey for the erase function.

I dl’d this at 5am this morning and just got to try it out. VERY impressed. I’m a huge fan of Sketchbook Pro because of the feel of the main pen tool. PaintStop seems to be close if not just as good but also includes excellent natural media tools similar to Painter Sketchpad and Art Rage.

I have a relatively new Intuos 4 that came bundled with Painter Sketchpad and Autodesk (Alias) Sketchbook. The bunled version of Sketchbook was stipped down to the bare minimum – what an abomination of anotherwise great program. Sketchpad had a broken installer but no support was provided from Corel. The last place I thought I’d be looking for a sketch replacement was Pixologic. Very happy.

Cool start on integration Zbrush! You needed this bad because of the autodesk graphite tools, admit it :wink: I’m sticking to photoshop though until maybe zbrush5 :smiley:

@ jamesleaburn

Oh no!
I do not complain for this plug in…

it is free, ok, but it is very very advanced, only missing functionality really important is multy layers an fusion layers, the qualiti of the all is impressive!

but with only two layer and without fusion method, is one Ferrari without fuel, for me.

@ marcus_civis

Ok, thank you for the comment, i hope with ZB 3.5 or 4, one solution a this problem…
PAINT STOP is impressive, and with Multi Layer and fusion, is very dangerous for Corel Painter, and great tool for all user of Zbrush!

anyway, thank Pixologic for all

very nice but no symmetry?

Pretty cool, next Zbrush OS!
Cant wait to get into it.

Cheers,

also sad that i cant paint :frowning:

I was just going to say the same thing.

First off, thanks for the cool new tool guys!

Here are some key features for future versions that would be kick ass:

1. Symmetry: this is the main reason I use Sketchbook pro. You can render orthos of your basemesh in Zbrush, than sketch your armor, or whatever clothing you want, over these orthos in Sketchbook Pro using symmetry. Great for your initial sketches where your just trying to figure out how things interconnect.

Also, symmetry is great for doodling thumbnails, ala Alchemy.

1. More layers with blending option.

2. Currently, if you use a brush in Paintstop it is available in ProjectionMaster when you switch back. However, you do not have access to the all the other brushes that you did not use in your Paintstop session. Why??

Anyhow, looks really promising, a few more features and we will never have to leave Zbrush, from concept sketch to textured model.

You guis just reorganised the pixol part of ZB wich was underused latelli.
Great plug!!!:idea:

Looks good. So if I install it, will it change my interface, or is there a way to toggle between interfaces?

It looks great BUT i have a strange bug.

When i push the button to past on PaintStop and when i exit the program the result is >>>>> the spacebar shortcut don’t work. I need to close ZBrush and "re"open.

Any suggestion??

Emmanuel.

Awesome! I did not saw this coming - totally unexpected! Very nice, though.
Gonna try it out a little, now. :slight_smile:

@Maya4fun:
It switches Interfaces if you activate the plugin.

Yep! been using this all day! WHAT FUN!!!

Really nice and natural to use!

I can see this is just the start, there are so many areas that can be improved, but I have no doubt you guys are already well ahead of me on that. I predict by ZBrush 4.0 or even 4.1\4.5 this is going to be one of my most loved features!!! As long as it’s improved as we go. ;):+1:

Seriously though, this is a cool plug-in and despite a few niggly absences, I cannot complain about the quality of what’s there!

Top stuff guys!! Keep going with it!!!

You really hit the whole just paint thing, as you did the whole just sculpt thing. :smiley:

EDIT:
Forgot, would be more helpful if I told you what I thought was missing.

1. Tilt detection for intous3 and 4 Wacom tablets.
  2. Layers… a must!!
  3. Blending options on both layers and brush strokes.
  4. The pop up tool boxes stop you doing anything until you either select an option in that box, or close it with the X. That’s annoying really. It would be nice if you just clicked out of the box, it closes or just sits there and does not stop you working.

ZB is turning into something utterly mental and way beyond anything I ever expected. Why not just throw in video and music editing now so I only need one app… :smiley:

ohhh right… didnt see it that way…

Wel you’ve got me confused right there! A plugin aimed for windows3.1?
Looks promissing always loved the sketching plugin. So this must be way better!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks.

Hi, and thanks! :smiley: I really enjoyed using PaintStop and look forward to many more illustrations with it.

This is a great addition to the toolset because ZBrush is so geared towards artists. Use it for concepts prior to sculpting, with projection master to polypaint, or on it’s own for finished illustrations. It just makes sense to me because it’s already such a uniquely artistic software.

It’s a simpler approach to digital drawing and painting, and isn’t meant to replace Photoshop’s tools. As a very heavy Photoshop and Painter user, I can testify that it’s simplicity is what made it so enjoyable to use! Everything you truly need is there and done very well.

Sometimes when working with unlimited layers and adjustments, a lot of valuable imperfections get cleaned up. Approach PaintStop as you would a canvas or sketchpad. Art is supposed to be a little loose :wink:

@Sickness : Yes i know that. but when i switch on zbrush 3.1 the spacebar is not active.

Emmanuel.