ZBrushCentral

People Poker - UPDATE Version C

[Peopleinfo.JPG]

Just a fun little script to populate the canvas with various models using a mouseclick. How it works.

I have included 10 low res models with the old zipfile, named People01, People02 etc.. Replace these models using your own, they can be as hi res as you want. As noted in the above picture you will have to orientate your models so that the Z axis (facing you) is the Head of your model. The easiest way to do that is.

1. Place your model on the canvas.
       2. Press TOOLS:DEFORMATION:UNIFY
       3. Select 'Y" in the TOOLS:OFFSET (deselect X and Z)
       4. Enter -100 in the slider, this will move the center to the feet
       5. Select 'X" in the TOOLS:ROTATE (deselect Y and Z)
       6. Enter -90 in TOOLS:ROTATE
       7. Save your mesh as one of the People 1-10 files

To create a horde of people on the canvas

1. Create a floor. A 3D Plane at 60 degrees X rotation is pretty good.
       2. Load the Script
       3. Press "Load" this loads up all your models and makes the screen 1024x1024
       4. Place "People1.ztl" on the canvas by pressing the Hot Key 'd' and clicking anywhere on the plane you made.
  1. To create the illusion of Perspective slide your model to the back of the canvas and look at the Zdepth, then enter that value in the Max Slider.
  2. Still using the first model place it where you would like it to be on the 3D plane and enlarge or shrink your model to the size it would be at that Zdepth. Then Press “Ref” This sets the reference point for the Script. Each model placed on the canvas will be sized according to its position on the Z axis using this reference. You can exaggerate this effect by making the Factor slider greater or less than 1.
  3. Continue to add models to your scene by pressing the ‘d’ key. Each model will be placed and sized on the canvas in a random direction. When the script gets to People10 then it will start again at People1.
    8 Use the Arrow keys to rotate your model to a desired location right after you place it. You can change the Rotation increment by making a new value in the Angle Slider.

Use the Size button to manually size your model to a position on your canvas if needed. (you could use this script to proportion any mesh you might have to your canvas by using the Ref and Size button)

I hope the above isn't as confusing as I think.

Place the Zip file somewhere in your zscript directory.

This script was an idea created from an old WingedOne script a while back.

:warning: UPDATE Version B 4/16/05 :warning:

:large_orange_diamond: Updated button Graphics (wow!)

:large_orange_diamond: Instead of having a fixed model series People1, People2 etc.. The Load button will ask for a filename. Navigate to where your models are located and select the first one of a series. The script will automatically load all models. This will allow you to create banks of different models to use with the script.

When naming your models the Index number must have 2 digits

example:

Model00.ztl
   Model01.ztl
   Model02.ztl ......

So… If you want to use the old People1 People2 etc… files you need to rename them to People01 People02 etc…

The script will automatically load all the models if you select Model00.ztl from the Load button.

If you need to change your model while working on your scene press “Load” again and load a new model. The script will check if the Model already exists in the Tool palette so feal free to switch back and forth between model files.

Note: Different models might have different internal scalings. Placing a new model in an existing scene the new model might be larger or smaller than the previously placed models. To fix this

1. Size the new model in the scene to scale it.
   2. Press the "Ref" button to record the new scaling.

:warning: UPDATE - VERSION C - 04/17/05 :warning:

:large_orange_diamond: Made it more efficient searching for existing tools
:large_orange_diamond: Added ROTATE Switch
Switch this ON when you want the Script to Randomly rotate your model when placed on the canvas. Switch OFF to manually rotate the model using the <- -> buttons.
:large_orange_diamond:Added Follow Function
Switch “FOLLOW” on and the Script will automatically Rotate the model towards the last placed Model. Use this to create people waiting in line for example.
:large_orange_diamond:Added PointTo Switch
Use the “SET” button and a model to record a Orientation Point on the Canvas. Set POINTTO On and each model will automatically rotate to face this point. Use this to make people circle around a campfire, for example.

To use PointTo

1. Place a model on the canvas, press “w” to activate Transform Move

2. Drag the model to a point on the canvas that you wish for all the models to face.

3. Press the “Set” button to store this position

4. Switch ON the PointTo switch.

5. Now each model will face the point that you recorded with the Set button.

Have fun!

Cool script as usual :+1:
Is any object “snapshoted” ?
Does exist a limit of the size of the first object ?
Is not possible to add an automatic variation of size / perspective ?
Pilou

:+1:
Andreseloy

WOW. Nice! Thanks a lot. I think I will try to unleash a plethora of little builders on Meat’s robot 8-).
LemonNado

Thanks guys

Frenchie

Is any object “snapshoted” ?
Does exist a limit of the size of the first object ?
Is not possible to add an automatic variation of size ?

See thumbnail for illustration

1. Yes, object is fixed when you place the next model.
  2. No limit on size, each added model is sized from the Size and zdepth that you record the Ref button.
  3. As you can see from the thumbnail the script automatically sizes your model according to the Zdepth you place the model at, creating the illusion of Depth Perception.

hope that helps

Attachments

Peopleexample.JPG

Digits,

Clever stuff! I like your idea of psuedo perspectival scaling, instant LOTR battle scenes!

Looks like your WYSIWYG editor is doing the job, too, especially the routine library feature.

Thanks, Sven

Wow you guys continue to amaze me!! Digits…this one looks like alot of fun!!!

Gonna have to file this one for the holiday weekend!! Always good to have something to look forward too!!

Thanks once again for a cool script!!!

Thanks Digits, this is a cool script. :+1: The size/Zdepth functionality is great and I know I’ll find it very useful for all sorts of things.

Thx for the precisions :sunglasses:
Bravo again Digits ! :+1:
5 stars :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:
Pilou
Ps
If I good understand, you draw any personnage one by one at the place that you want (rotation and size are definite by the script)
So you must press D + clic for each
It’s not so bad but…
Is not possible to draw a virtual line (any circuit) who receive automaticly your personnages ? ( or on a virtual grid, randomize or not )

I just used it to populate my planets with your little ‘Buttmen’. The pic is in the deco brush noob challenge. I did not allow your script to rescale the drawing. So the scaling somehow gave up on me but the positioning still worked. It would be great if one could ‘enter’ the dimensions. Is that a biggie?

Cheers and thanks again!
LemonNado

Hi Lemonnado

Hehe, I enjoyed your entry :+1:

I did not allow your script to rescale the drawing. So the scaling somehow gave up on me but the positioning still worked. It would be great if one could ‘enter’ the dimensions. Is that a biggie?

Yes, it is no problem resizing the canvas after "Load"ing in the models. As far as entering the dimensions, just scale one model to the size you like and press the “Ref” button. This will make each succeeding model the same size but modified by the zdepth of the place you click the model onto. The script will automatically resize the object but if you don’t wish for it to have much of an effect make the MAX slider = 4096 that will make the changes in size minimal.

If you wish to have different sized models just Scale your model and press “Ref” again. Hope this helps, keep on truckin!

Poifect. Got it! My wife also loves the little ‘cork’ people. (Phewwww investment accepted :D:D:D:D)

Cheers
LN

Hahahaha Lemonnado!!! Thanks for the grin!!

I am properly missing something, but

Can I use this people poker script (which is fantastic!!) to poke on my own models, it seems to only poke on the people models, but I would really like to poke on my own models and stuff

Any help there??

Yes, just save your own models with the same name as he did in the scripts directory and voila! Instant success. The script will load ANY model as long as it goes along with the naming of the models found in the scripts directory after install.

Cheers
LemonNade

thanks,

that helped,

the script is really good once you know how to use it, thankyou all !!!

Algun tutorial en ESPAÑOL…!!? :frowning:

Digit excelente su herramienta pero no entiendo bien su funcionamiento
como puedo utilizar un tool propio…?

He incluido 10 modelos bajos del res con el zipfile, nombrado People1, People2 etc… Substituya estos modelos usando sus el propios, ellos puede estar como hola res como usted desea. Según lo observado en el cuadro antedicho usted tendrá que orientar sus modelos de modo que el eje de Z (revestimientos usted) sea el jefe de su modelo.
La manera más fácil de hacer que es.

1. Ponga su modelo en la lona.
  2. Presione TOOLSEFORMATION:UNIFY
  3. ’ Y selecta "en el TOOLS:OFFSET (deselect X y Z)
  4. introduzca -100 en el resbalador, esto moverá el centro a los pies
  5. ’ X selecto" en el TOOLS:ROTATE (deselect Y y Z)
  6. introduzca -90 en TOOLS:ROTATE
  7. excepto su acoplamiento como uno de la gente 1-10 archivos

Para crear a un horde de la gente en la lona

1. Cree un piso. Un plano 3D en 60 grados de rotación de X es bastante bueno.
  2. Cargue la prensa “carga” de la escritura
  3. que esto carga encima de todos sus modelos y que hace el lugar “People1.ztl” de la pantalla 1024x1024
  4. en la lona presionando la llave caliente ’ d ’ y chascando dondequiera en el plano usted hizo.
  5. Para crear la ilusión de la perspectiva resbale su modelo hacia la parte posteriora de la lona y mire el Zdepth, después incorpore ese valor al resbalador máximo.
  6. Todavía usando el primer lugar del modelo donde usted quisiera que estuviera en el plano 3D y que agrandara o que contrajera su modelo al tamaño él estaría en ese Zdepth. Entonces presione la “referencia” que esto fija el punto de referencia para la escritura. Cada modelo puesto en la lona será clasificado según su posición respecto al eje de Z usando esta referencia. Usted puede exagera este efecto haciendo el resbalador del factor mayor o menos de 1.
  7. Continúe agregando modelos a su escena presionando la llave de ’ d '. Cada modelo será puesto y clasificado en la lona en una dirección al azar. Cuando la escritura consigue a People10 entonces comenzará otra vez en People1. el uso
    8 las llaves de flecha de rotar su modelo a una derecha deseada de la localización después de usted la pone.

Usted puede cambiar el incremento de la rotación haciendo un nuevo valor en el resbalador del ángulo. Utilice el botón del tamaño para clasificar manualmente su modelo a una posición respecto a su lona si está necesitado (usted podría utilizar esta escritura para proporciónar cualquier acoplamiento que usted pudiera tuvo que su lona usando el botón de la referencia y del tamaño)

Las gracias por su interés, espero que éste ayude
http://babelfish.altavista.com/

GRACIAS DIGITS!! :+1: :+1:

Attachments

ZBrush pnt0030.JPG

Just a hoot to let you pokers out there know there is a new version which you can download from Page 1.

Instead of having a fixed People files you can now load new models by selecting them from the file open dialog. See original post for more detail.

Attachments

construction3.JPG