ZBrushCentral

Panel Loop question

Is there a smarter way of making panel loops with sharp corners than masking the adjacent perpendicular corner edges by hand ?

Hi @zzeebee

You could try:

1. Reducing the smoothing in the panel Loops menu to zero.

2. Subdividing once or twice and performing the Panel Loops operation at a higher level of resolution. This will produce more accurate results.

3. Simplify the topology in the corners so that they are only defined by a single point, and not multiple points. In the area of your image you have circled, you’ll notice your corner there is actually two points close together with a small edge in between. With ZModeler and Point> Stitch, you could stitch those together.

Remember, if subdividing low poly topology to smooth it, or using Dynamic Subdivision to preview the mesh when subdivided, you need to use creases to define sharp edges. If the topology is going to be this low poly, you’d need to apply a crease to each corner.

Hope that is helpful! :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Spyndel,

Thanks for the help. I was able to z-remesh it, with amazing accuracy that I did not hope for. The Z Remesher has come a long way ! Now I don’t have to use the polish feature and can get good smooth panel loops on a clean topo.