ZBrushCentral

Painting Skin Video Demo

Who was the ass that voted with 1 star here?

Honestly, Scott, great work and thanks for sharing. I’ve rarely seen people showing their painting workflows, cause most of the time it means jumbling around between different packages like Photoshop, BodyPaint, etc. In Z3, I work quite in the same way as you do.

Great work. And to the idiot who voted with 1 star: You should be kicked off the board.

Great method Scott, thanks for sharing. :+1:

So Good Painting Method

As I suggested several times on boards, it would be nice if an extreme vote (***** or *) should have to be commented why.

Scott,

Wonderfull work. I’ve just done my first paint job in Zbrush using your method and I’m having alot of fun and getting good results. However here is a question for you…

Using SysPalette button/function I set several colors that I would like to paint with, using the custom color set. However, when I close zbrush and later reload my tool/model I find that the custom colors I chose are gone. I tried saving my document but that also did not save the custom colors. Any idea how to keep these custom colors besides writing them all down by hand for each project?

~ JamesCG

edit Nevermind, I found the Zplugin called ZSwatch, does what I was looking for! Cheers!

Plakkie,

Tried 3 different free hosting spaces…4th was a charm:

http://www.4filehosting.com/file/48089/Paint-skin-zip.html
(it’s the .mov file zipped up)

hope it works for ya. :slight_smile:

WailingMonkey

WailingMonkey: thank you! But I don’t see a download button anywhere in that link. Only more ads for other programs I don’t want. Help!

look for the blue ‘submit’ button. above it is some numbers to validate.
type 'em in, and hit ‘submit’.
this should take you to a new page that has a countdown in yellow
(middle of page in tiny text).
once it’s counted down, you’ll get a blue
“Download file from USA Mirror” link and you can save to harddrive. :slight_smile:

(all of this the price for free bandwidth, i reckon):wink:

cheers.

WailingMonkey

Aah! I see it now. They are making life difficult… Well, I’m downloading at 20kb/sec… But I can wait. Thanks so much for your time WailingMonkey! :+1:

You was faster WailingMonkey - but well… :wink: Here is another ready to download version. Packed with rar and codec is xvid [14.9MB to download and 19.8MB movie itself. Lets keep it small :cool: ].

For someone who didnt used rapidshare before - on the window that opens click FREE button, then copy code to the window and click download.

Thanks for the movie - is EXCELLENT - really I would like to see version with tools. Great share!

Most cool video … always instructive to see a master at work. Thank you!

Thanks for the kind words everyone! I am glad you like the video!

S

Oh and thank you to those who are rehosting the video. I appreciate the help : )

S

yeah. great vid. thanks scott

Scott - what happend to your website? I would LOVE to see some of your works - old and new. Hmmmm.

Thanks a lot Scott. Great video

Thanks everyone, Im glad you like the vid.

miztli: I haven’t updated my website in far too long but I just corrected the broken links so if you want to check it out now it should work. Thanks for your interest!

S

Thx a lot. Nice work Scott. Now, dont tell me you were actually working on a Pumpkinhead sequel… Were you? Or its a fan art. What I remember all Pumpkinheads were made pretty traditionally - latex and a guy inside… but who knows…
Anyways - thanks again - waiting for more :wink:

Have a nice one!

Thanks man!
Yeah we did some work on the Pumpkinhead sequel modeling and such. The poster is a placeholder until I can get an image off the DVD to put up or when I get around to rendering the model with displacements.

Pumpkinhead was my favorite monster as a kid!

S

This video is so great! Thanks! I tried that method to human skin and it worked like a dream. Awesome way to make the skin tone vary.

Some questions:

1. What kind of brush did you use to paint those little white lines?

2. What skin shader was that?