ZBrushCentral

Overwatch Study

Recently, I wanted to level up my stylization game and took to studying the Overwatch art style. My goal was to get as close as possible to what they have in game and present it in Marmoset Toolbag 3. This character was inspired by one of their unused concepts so I’m taking no credit for that.

This project was very challenging for me. Looking at a piece of art, thinking you get it and actually reproducing it are two very different things. The face in particular gave me more trouble than usual which is why I included a before/after version showing its evolution.

As per usual, I’m extremely thankful to my friends, colleagues and mentors who supported me and gave me feedback during the creation of this piece.

OWStudy_VincentMenier_01 OWStudy_VincentMenier_02

OWStudy_VincentMenier_04 OWStudy_VincentMenier_07

6 Likes

well done @Ouran not easy to stylize these Overwatch characters, even-though they may look simple…in fact, simple is harder :rofl: but you do have a great start. I look forward to seeing the rest, should you decide to give her legs and feet :wink:
Jaime

1 Like

cool Overwatch fan art! :clap:

1 Like

Thanks a lot Jaime! Yeah it’s fantastic how intricate and elegant those characters are when you actually decide to sit down and study them.

I’m afraid this is as far as I’ll take her but I’m looking forward to digging deeper in my study for my next characters :slight_smile:

Nailed the Overwatch design!!

1 Like

On point, good job.
And kudos to you for expanding your skill set.

1 Like