ZBrushCentral

****OSX Update: ZBrush OSX 3.2, GoZ, DecimationMaster, 3D PrintExporter

I´ve investigated a workaround if you can´t send a model from c4d to zbrush. for me it always said that it was unable to open the file and only the star (poly-import model) appeared. Then I exported my model as an obj from c4d and imported this obj in zbrush. after doing this it seems to got the path and now it works the normal way.

cheers xBucket

is there a list of the changes and advancements?

Pixologic rules.
:+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: :+1: .

Over the past few days I had been ripping my hair out trying to get a file working between Maya and ZBrush, by coincidence I peeked in the forum here and read about the new 3.2 update. I immediately installed the GoZbrush as soon as it came out and worked like a charm right out of the box. This will now make a significant difference in my whole work flow.

The only thing is missing now is a way for me to reward Pixologic for such an awesome job! Not being able to pay for the upgrades is driving me crazy!
:lol:
Thank you!

I was looking at the GoZ videos the other day and thought “so what”. Mac people aren’t going to see it for another year…

Well I have the BEST TASTING SHOE IN MY MOUTH…And EATING MY HAT and WORDS NEVER TASTED SOOOO GOOD!!! :laughing: :+1:

From the 3.2 announcement “A list of enhancements will be posted at ZBrushCentral in the coming days.”

Richard

Really nice touch on the tool icons.
First of all the icon tells you how many subtoolls your tool has (with a small number at the top left of the icon). And second it updates to the subtooll enabled at that moment.
Very very nice.

Thank you ever so much Pixologic! It feels like everything is finally coming together!

I wonder if you have any plans of making GoZ work with Lightwave or Houdini?

Thanks again and gratz to all Zbrushers out there.

Awsome. I played a bit with GoZ and C4D, just amazing. Thank you so much Pixo peeps!
Sav

Deleted by Moderator: Please use the thread found here for questions and troubleshooting. Be sure to read the first post, which has an FAQ.

Aww, man you guys are killing me with this wait.

Lets see some screenshots for cryin’ out loud! :smiley:

This is fantastic,
You’re always creating
something new. :smiley:

I agree with Mr.Natural. Not charging for the upgrade is probably not what’s best for Pixologic, ZBrush and it’s users. Aside from that, I don’t think it’s really what users have been asking for. They would just like to have promised tools delivered on time and bug free. ZB is one of the few, if not the only, product(s) I actually feel I get my moneys worth with each upgrade. If paying to upgrade to the upcoming version will help assure that Pixologic can continue to improve upon an already incredible toolset, then I’d be more than happy to do my part as a paying customer and… well… pay. I know what some of you might think to yourselves. No, it’s not easy for me to say this coz I’ve had all the issues with ZB including the license raid one.

The fact that there are users out there that feel this way about ZB should make the guys at Pixologic feel proud of what they are achieving. There aren’t too many developers that can claim to have such a dedicated, spirited user base that’s as enthusiastic about their software as Pixologic. No group is more passionate or sensitive about, nor as proud of their tools as ZBrush users. There’s been a lot of complaining (rightly so but perhaps a bit too much) and obviously Pixologic’s been working hard behind the scenes to be responsive and address the issues without asking for much in return. Keep in mind, they are pioneers in the area of digital sculpting and reinvented the art. They are traveling a path that has not really been traveled before and they make this ‘s’ up as they go along. If all this was easy, then we wouldn’t be so reliant on ZBrush as sole product. Instead, we’d have a plethora of half baked products at our feet that cost three times as much with no freebies. If you believe in what Pixologic’s doing, be just as supportive as you are critical. Reward them when a reward is due. They need to know they have our confidence.

Pixologic, if you guys aren’t going to charge for upgrades then at least give some of us a chance to show our appreciation (put our money where our mouths are) by allowing us make donations via your site.

Thanks for the cool update

Well, i suppose by introducing tools that will enchance people’s workflow they probably hope to convince those final users to buy Zbrush, that were hesitant because of it. They introduce something in each new zbrush version that appeals to several people, making them sell more each time.

If you keep doing that , you can afford to give free upgrades till you’ve exhausted your targetted public :wink:

No comment about GoZ yet , pc user here, but grats to the mac users , hope you all have fun.

Deleted by Moderator: Please use the thread found here for questions and troubleshooting. Be sure to read the first post, which has an FAQ.

Namek,

This is my thinking on it also - by adding these new features, they will bring more people into the fold, whilst securing the existing customers will remain and spread the word. Let’s face it, there are many ways to market and sell software, and although the Pixologic way doesn’t seem to match up with the others who want a chunk of change off you each year for incremental updates, they must be making their money, or they wouldn’t still be here!?

Either way - I am most grateful! :slight_smile:

Adam

pixologic… would it be possible to release ZBRUSH LITE one day for those who don’t need 110% from current/future Zbrush? Like Photoshop Elements or Auto Cad LT…

Just wondering…
~y

Well I’ve been in this industry for over 23 years and this is one of the simplest means of going back and forth I’ve utilized yet (GOZ). But in my opinion this is the most mundane use of the tool. It has so much more potential for production. The other 2 plugins are also very useful in reducing the hassle that so many people have experienced trying to do these things. I encourage those that have access to these tools to push the envelope, you will be pleasantly surprised. :wink:

1st time in my life i wish i had a mac. For a few weeks anyway… :stuck_out_tongue: