ZBrushCentral

****OSX Update: ZBrush OSX 3.2, GoZ, DecimationMaster, 3D PrintExporter

All I have to say is OMG what an update (especially if this is a small update in comparison to the real Z4!)

I’m reading whats new in the Mac OSX update, and jesus (Ambient occlusion texture baking, 3D grid “Floor” Button for better orientation in view space, Merge & Weld subtool functionality, ect…

I cannot wait to see what brings new with ZBrush 4 alone!

Awesome job Pixologic! I just hope the Z4 comes a bit sooner than this did at the last minute :stuck_out_tongue: But nevertheless it’s worth the wait!

WoOt! Congrats on the release and a great many thanks from all of us! :+1:

I tried GoZ out in both Modo 401 and Cinema 4D. I find it ‘absolutely fabulous’.
Worked all the way… with both displacement maps and normal maps and a change in topology…
Thank you Pixology!

I was having an issue with changing the topology on a character with very thin wings, they would always explode, I suppose because zbrush couldn’t figure out which direction to project the details on something so thin, I loaded up goZ, zbrush sends it straight to maya, change the topo, and bring it right back, no problem, no exploding or anything! This is so great, thanks for the new release!

I have to say that the new upgrade just with the new mac release are absolutely crazy. I have never (REPEAT NEVER) use a plugin for Maya that has worked and installed as easy as Go Z. Great job pixologic. Go Z is going to change everything for me. I can’t even imagine what Z4 is going to be like. I have a feeling my face will soon be melted by the awesomeness that is z4.

Thanks Pixologic

One Lung

Thanks a ton, Pixologic!!! The new Update is simply crazy. I tested GoZ for Maya 2008 and modo 401 and both worked like a charm in both directions (from what I can see so far…)

Great stuff! :+1:

Marco

Thank you Pixologic, very much appreciated.

A GOOD GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY CHUM"ON! HEE!!

(moonwalks)

God Bless America!

Yahoooooooo! Got it. Very cool, so far!!!

neilford

Subtool Master link is not working for 3.2. Is it available?

neilford

I sent to Maya using GoZ and got a script error, it looks like GoZ exports a Maya2008 format file - which unfortunately rules out Maya 8.5 - Any work arounds other than upgrade Maya? I will test in Modo 3.02 next…

Works like a charm with Cinema 4D. I had to select the application with the Automator script provided in the Support thread but after that the bi-direction workflow is simply amazing. Every time I press Ctrl-G and go to C4D I laugh!
This is a real breakthrough. Now let’s sit back and watch while the rest of the industry panics and tries to catch up.
Once again Pixologic leads the way!

Totally with you on that! :smiley:

Adam

I was a little hestitatant about Zb3, but now it’s all the way with GoZ

Gozbr.jpg

I feel so not shunned.

Not the smoothest installation I have ever had. BUT - once I got it all working - WOW ! This is the future I have always dreamed of.
Throwing the file back and forth between zBrush, C4D and Modo is amazing.

I had to run the extra script - things didn’t work at first and had to pull some real tricks on the installation. But worth it, worth it!!

Well, there goes getting any real work done today I gotta goZ !!!

ed

Giev me all your goz !

no fair… i hate macs :angry:small_orange_diamond:p

WOW - you mac guys are sooooo lucky!! :smiley:
Looking forward to the win version.

agreed - the lucky bastards!

throws an old banana at some MAC user downloading the new version :evil: